Chapter 20: Birthday Gift

"Where did Grey go?" I asked Lizzie.

"I'm not sure, he left earlier without say a word," she replied.

"Oh."

I need to speak to him... I need to apologize... After all, he once said-

"Amelia, shall we eat?" Ciel asked.

"All right. Come on Lizzie!" I said and sat at a seat at the dining table.

Sebastian served us dinner and we started eating and chatting.

"Lizzie. How could you decide on Ciel and my engagement without informing me?" I asked her and pouted.

She simply laughed it off and replied, "Do I even need to ask? You guys deserve each other."

Ah... My heart is beating so fast. And my face is red...

I noticed that I was blushing a lot through the reflection on the silver spoon I was holding.

I turned to Ciel and saw that he was staring down at his food, trying to hide his face. I smiled and continued to eat.

"By the way. Happy Birthday Ciel!" Lizzie said ecstatically and handed him a gift. Sebastian told it and placed it in another table.

"Thank you Lizzie," Ciel said then stared at me.

I fidgeted a little. It was like he was expecting me to give it to him... But it's not time yet!

"Where's my gift from you, Amelia?" Ciel asked.

I fidgeted more and replied, "I-uh. That's right! We have to check out the garden. I got Emily to redecorate it."

"Oh? Is that so. I will be looking forward to it," he said and tilted his head and smiled.

So cute... Crap I am blushing again...

I stared down at my food and started eating a bit faster.

"Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom," I said and stood up.

"Oh all right," Ciel replied, then I left.

+++

Calm down! Why am I so nervous? Is it because we are engaged?

I could feel my small gift to him in my pocket.

Should I give it to him? ... No! It's too embarrassing... I will do it at the garden...

With that I walked back into the room.

+++

"Eh? Did Elizabeth leave?" I asked and glanced around the room. Elizabeth was not here.

"Yeah, she left earlier," Ciel replied, sipping on his tea.

"I see..."

Somehow, I felt relieved...

"So, shall we go to the garden?" He asked and got up.

"O-Okay..." I replied

+++

"Ta da~ Do you like it Ciel?" I asked him and pulled him into the garden. It was so pretty. Under the nightlight... The fireflies...

Ciel nodded and smiled. I smiled as well.

"Shall we have a seat?" he said and gestured to the benches. I nodded and sat down with him.

Okay, it's time... Just have to take it out.

I reached out to my pocket and took out the small black box.

"Ciel... Happy birthday..." I told him and handed him and box.

He took it and opened it. He opened his mouth slightly, then smiled. He took it out and examined it.

"It's a pocket watch," I told him. "The design on it was really nice."

"I can see that. It is indeed really nice," he said and opened it. The music started playing. 'Lacie' was the name of the tune. It was a really pretty tune.

"This is..." He said and pointed at the picture on the back of the cover of the pocket watch.

"It's a picture of us together," I replied and smiled.

"This is a really nice tune..." He said.

"Isn't it? I find it really peaceful..." I replied and closed my eyes, getting myself engrossed with the music.

"Thank you," he said and hugged me.

I hugged him back and smiled.

"I'm sorry..."

Eh?