34

Klaus pov

I had woken up early and several times last night. I couldn't sleep . It didn't matter if I knew she was safe , I'm responsible. "Klaus?" her voice was soft , "how do you feel?" , I sat on the bed. She had quickly adjusted herself and sat up . "I want to kill Marcel and his witch" she groaned, "I thought he killed you until Rebekah called" . I was about to break my own heart along with Hers.
"Klaus, I'm fine, Rebekah and Hayley found me", she grabbed my hand but I quickly let go. She looked at me confused. "Nik are you okay?", I got up from the bed, "I want you to be with Elijah" ,

~~~
Yn Pov

"What are you talking about?" . For days he's been fighting for us but now he gave up. I started to get up and walk towards him but he moved back. "Your life would be easier without me & Elijah can take care of you", "klaus ... stop" . I felt my eyes starting to water. My heart broke again as I thought he changed.
"We are both castoffs who have learned to fight when we are backed into a corner" , "no no" I grabbed his wrist, "you are not going to choose for me, you're in my life because I want you to be" , he removed my hand from his wrist. He wiped the tears off my face. "Until we figure out this witch stuff, we can't speak as if we never met" he tried to wipe the tears that continued flowing but I moved back, "is that really what you want Nik" "it's for the best Yn".
"You said you'd never let anyone hurt me, now you just hurt me" I cried out, "yn Im sorry" . I walked towards the door and looked at him. "Nik,you have one chance I walk out this door I leave forever" , he stayed silent, "fine want me to be with Elijah? After I'm done with the witches, I'm leaving no more chances". I slammed the door behind me , running downstairs straight to Hayley's room.
I ran under the covers and hugged my friend, "Yn what's wrong?" She started to rub my back. "Bloody hell what happened it's too early to be crying" , Rebekah entered the room on time . "Klaus, told me we can't be with each other , to be with Elijah and we can't speak... I told him no more chances" . Rebekah went under the covers next to me and hugged me as well, "does Elijah know any of this?" "I don't know but I think I should stay at my apartment".
"We'll go with you" they said in unison. "No stay, I'll just ask Elijah to go with me,I'll come visit" "you better always and forever remember", Rebekah squeezes me tightly. Foot steps came closer to the room. I hid under the blankets in case it was klaus. "I heard my name" Elijah walked in, I peaked up, "take me home please Elijah" , I saw he noticed my eyes were puffy. Rebekah moved out of the way to let me off the bed. "I'll take you, let's go" "thank you Elijah".
I wiped the tears off my face as I exited the room and Klaus was outside as we made our way to Elijah's car. He was just staring. He didn't look like he cared much. "So what did my brother do?" he asked me as we made our way to my apartment, "he didn't tell you", I chuckled, "Classic Klaus". "I genuinely have no idea what happened but you shouldn't be alone", I turned to look at Elijah, "Niklaus chose for me Elijah, he told me he's no good for me ", he began to park the car, "You know Niklaus ,Yn" "He said I need to be with you". Elijah grabbed my hand, "my brother doesn't always say the right words you know that" . I unbuckled my seatbelt opening the door, "he broke me Elijah for the last time" "Ill go in with you", he took his seat belt, "you dont have too Elijah", "After the last time you turned your humanity off not a chance".
We made our way up the stairs, "So where are your keys", I pulled the door knob out from behind a pot the lady next door had. I waved it in his face, "I forgot you like to be creative" he chuckled, "come on in this time I wont be getting my neck snapped" "my apologies for that". He closed the doors, behind us, "want something to drink ?" "scotch?" "ill be back", I smiled as I went into my kitchen. I grabbed 2 cups to pour for the both of us. I filled mine to the brim and Elijah's half way.
"Elijahh come here pleaseee" ,I turned over seen a basket of clothes . I began to pick up the ones I had on the floor and I saw Klaus' jacket . He had let me borrow this back in mystic falls before I thought he died. It gave me comfort when I mourned him. I held it closer to me and it still smelled like his cologne. I walked back to the area by the cupboards and I felt tears beginning to form. I slid down to where I was sitting on the floor and cried .
"You needed me?, Elijah asked, I just sat there continuing to cry. Elijah walked closer to me.
"Why does he always do this to me" I covered my eyes with the jacket, Elijah sat next to me as I placed my head onto my lap. "I can't speak for Niklaus , Yn" , he began to hug me , pulling me closer to him. I was always able to be vulnerable around Elijah. "He apologizes , tells me he'll love me for centuries, then pushes me away.." I looked up at Elijah, "he promised elijah" "yn.." , he wiped the tears off my face, "I'm sorry for what he did"

~~~
Elijah pov

"I'm sorry for what he did" is what I told Yn. I have seen cry but this it was different. This was like when she turned it off. The girl I had always had feelings for but hid it was here more sad than ever. It truly hurt me. "I don't think I believe in love anymore", I just looked at her placing my head against the cabinet, "and I told you once to believe in it,ironic now" she said to me.
As much as she learned from me when we met, she reminded me of what love was supposed to be. "I just wanna turn it off again" she cried. She's not the real her when she has it off . She controls her hunger better than her brother but it was quite strange how she's able to hold back her ripper ability. "Don't you dare Yn" "I don't know what's wrong with me Elijah. I keep going through this". I began to stand up holding my hand out for her, "come on let's go this way", we grabbed the cups of scotch she poured earlier then headed to her living room.