𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞.

spending money was never an issue for l/n y/n, always ready to whip out her dozens of credit card just to get what she wants. so acquiring a new home was like buying new clothes for the woman herself.

due to several of her connections with people working in the underground, she had managed to secure a small yet spacious house that fits what sano shinichiro was looking for- a house that's near his beloved motor shop.

and although the young woman preferred to live in the comfort and security of her own home, she had no choice but to move into this neighborhood for the sake to keep their image as a happily married couple intact.

it's also only fair for her to follow in his simple conditions since the man agreed to fake a marriage with her- which if you compare both requests side by side, it's like comparing an ant to an elephant.

don't get her wrong, she really did like the house. it was simple yet elegant at the same time, a lovely home that mixed both 'married' couples personality together. it has the touch of a classic traditional estate with some modernity as well, perfect for their line of work.

a spacious yard and a garage for shinichiro to work in and a hidden basement for y/n's... wine cellar.

yes, the young woman had told her husband that she's inheriting her fathers wine business to avoid any further suspicion about those random splotches of red that stained themselves on her furnitue.

and here they are now, sitting inside of their new house. fully furnished by yours truly yet still left some space for the man to add his own touch of design into their house.

"let's go over our little rules, shall we?"

she took out a folded piece of paper from her blazer, setting it down on the table for the both of them to see. dark eyes skimmed through the neatly written conditions as he nod his head in understanding.

"number one, under no circumstances shall our family know about this being nothing but a mere agreement- we're nothing but two old high school friends that reconciled two years ago that lead to where we are now."

"yeah yeah i got it- two, maintain our public image as a married couple by doing things that they normally do- go on dates and events held inside of the company for publicity."

"three, household chores shall be alternative- why couldn't we just get one of my maids here in the first place?"

"because we're trying to keep our status low. four, respect each others privacy."

both of their eyes met as they reached the fifth and final condition, tension lightly wafting through the air as the both of them read it out loud.

"five, no feelings attached."

as brutal as it may sound, this marriage was fake to begin with- a relationship built in partnership and professionalism and not on trust and love, so it's normal for the both to agree in such condition.

both of them were trying to protect a secret of theirs that the other doesn't know about them- l/n y/n being the next in line to become the eighth generation leader of the port mafia and sano shinichiro being the former founder and leader of a gang that's now known for it's brutal generation.

by keeping this secret of theirs on the inside, they're also protecting their partners from potential danger. as i've said, being married or related to anyone in the yakuza is already a death wish- and shinichiro still has some pursuers out there wanting his head.

and by no means shall they let their emotion get through their little act.

in each others eyes, y/n was just a woman in need of a husband to inherit her father's wine industry and shinichiro was a man working in a motor shop to support his family- not knowing what lies underneath their innocent get-up.