Arc [1.4]

Now that a week has passed, the exams are quickly approaching. Elo continues to learn from Cain. Noticing the computation was a little off, Cain asked, "Elo, where is your solution for this one?"

Elo replies in the most uninteresting manner he can, "Do I really need to?" That's just basic math, so what's the point of writing those solutions if I can solve them in my head?"

Cain sighs, "Basic math, huh." Even though the lesson is one-sided, it still goes on. Elo doesn't require any explanation from Cain.

Knock,Knock,Knock

The lesson was interrupted by a sudden knock at the door. "Young Master, your grandfather is on the line in the living room," Hance said, opening the study room door. Elo glanced in Hance's direction and just nodded as he stood and excused himself to Cain.

When Elo picked up the phone, he could hear a magnificent voice on the other end.

"Fhine?" said in the gentlest tone possible, but with a deep voice that makes you shiver.

Elo replied, "Yes, Grandpa."

The others in line begin to gripe like there's no tomorrow, "HOHO, how have you been, my child? Why didn't you contact this old man? Did you not miss this grandpa of yours?"

Elo apologized while sounding like a snatcher of a lollipop in this elderly man, "Just a little busy to cope in my study, sorry."

"How's your study there?" His grandpa asked, "I told you to just come here in England, and I will enroll you in MEA." Elo knows that this grandpa was not satisfied or approved of Elo going to Korea to study, but Elo was just stubborn and wanted to experience being independent.

Elo sighs and says, "Grandpa, please give up already. My study was good, and about transferring to MEA."

His grandfather began to lose faith in his ability to persuade his cherished grandchild after hearing the sigh on the other line. The person on the other line asked, "Why don't you just go see this old man?"

Elo just can't take this; it's too exhausting. "I will try."

"Really, HOHO, I do know that you do have a heart compared to your brothers. I will have everything ready for you when you arrive here,"

Elo sighed and contemplated what he had just said.

His grandfather said, "I will say goodbye for now, my child," and he waited for the reply.

Elo responds, "Yes, please take care of your health," and the other line ends the call after hearing the good-bye.

Elo took a seat on the couch and reached for the water glass that was conveniently located on the small table. The day goes by in that manner.

 *********************************************

Do you desire life?

Those words tempted me, but instead of making me into someone who leads a typical life, the truth of how unfair it is to live without a price caused everything to fall apart. Free is an illusory concept. After a long time, I started to remember these awful memories of mine—the bruising and wounds that left a scar as well as the abusive words I had received.

After musing for a while, Elo became thirsty, so he got up and went straight to the kitchen. The kitchen was large and well-stocked, so he opened the refrigerator and reached for a can of Coke, which he immediately opened to quench his thirst. Gulping the whole can, he began to notice a faded sound.

Tap

Tap

Elo could hear slow, quiet footsteps coming up from the stairs. Elo instantly recognize the person upon hearing the footsteps.

"Young Master, why are you not sleeping yet?" shattered the silence. Hance inquires of Elo.

"Can't sleep"

"Perhaps you're nervous for the upcoming test; I'm sure you can do well after all, you young master," Hance replied worriedly. Elo, who doesn't understand why this conversation has led to this topic, simply nodded.

Elo returned to his room after speaking with Hance and lay down, staring at the ceiling. Having a true night-and-day exposure is extremely exhausting. The time in the facility was controlled by the higher-ups when Elo was in the laboratory, which is why they provided the visual illusion of daytime and nighttime.

Elo closed his eyes and let the spirit of drowsiness devour him.

Cain requested a two-day leave of absence the very next morning but left some tasks for Elo to complete. Elo doesn't mind and lets him think it's none of his business, but reality nearly made him curse.

Cain returned, a huge grin plastered across his face, and gave Elo the papers he was holding. Elo read the documents and noticed that the general test schedule was also forthcoming, along with the semester exam schedule, which had been rescheduled earlier than anticipated.

"Can't I take the semester exam here?" enquires Elo.

"Unfortunately, no," Cain replied, but his smile was still present and had not even begun to wane.

Cain smiled like there was not tomorrow just to show this student to the rest of the board of directors. Cain is not your average tutor or teacher; he is exceptional, and every large family wishes to have their child educated by him. A young man, who has accomplished a lot for his age, and his connection are no laughing matter. 

Cain Rhenzei was initially assigned to Thremous Deimitry Academy as a professor tasked with cultivating a young awakening to the world of new chaos. However, due to his laziness, he chose to teach tutoring and take a break from academy work. He believes that there are more seedlings emerging from the academy who require much more nurturing. The higher-ups respect him and accept his decision, but he must still report to the academy.

Cain spoke as he looked at Elo, who was still reading the papers, and said, "The Thremous Deimitry Academy is open for the next semester to those who are qualified individuals; your parents decide to enroll you there next semester, but they said that your decision is the most important to consider."

Elo didn't think much because his only thought at the moment was to go to sleep and then have a snack. He answered, "Just do what they want," and Cain grinned at him. Elo soon regretted his decision to laze around here and there. The original setting of the story progressed at the Thremous Deimitry Academy. Elo suddenly realized and exclaimed, "Oh, f*ck."

A/N: Nyt Nyt Homies