Chapter 5: A four letter word called "Love"

Samuel asked her who she was referring to. She said she was talking about her father - who was all the way in Korea, but Samuel did not believe her words and berated her.

Crying, Ju-Won held her baby in her arms and kissed her softly, who then let out a sigh after.

"I hate being scolded. My step-father always hurt me with his harsh words.. and in the past, I never did anything wrong.. Oh, what am I saying. I have you now, baby. You'll always make me happy, no matter what you do."

_________________________________________

Samuel oftenly left the house and came back days later, either with abundant money in his pockets or absolutely none compared to the time he left. Turns out, he spent most of his time gambling and sleeping around. He did all this instead of helping Ju-Won raise the newborn Aria. Even when Samuel returns, he'd oftenly take out his anger on Ju-Won.

"Samuel, STOP! You might wake Aria up!!"

"Shut your mouth woman. I don't FU**ING CARE about the child."

"I-it's our child..! You can't say that!!"

"Oh? YOU SAID THE KID LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE! I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S YOUR FATHER! YOU'RE KOREAN SO HE MUST BE TOO!"

"Stop!! I-.....I was talking about my previous husband!"

"...I see."

Samuel walks towards Ju-Won, who was slowly walking backwards - away from the baby's room.

Samuel striked Ju-Won as hard as he could, then he brought his unconscious wife to their bedroom.

Ju-Won woke up tucked comfortably in the sheets with a band-aid on the area Samuel striked her at.

"Huh..? Who-"

"Jiji*, I'm sorry. You know I love you, right?

-

Jiji - The name Ju-Won uses during her stay in the states.

-

"..."

Despite having been abused by her husband and loving another man before, Ju-Won was still the same gentle, meek person. The word Love had always been her weakness, this is why she is extremely vulnerable.

"I know.. Samuel.. You were just drunk. I-.. It's okay..! But please.. f-for the sake of our baby!"

"..You madwoman. Fine.", he says softly yet angrily, then leaves the room.

Ju-Won rushes to Aria, who, fortunately, was sleeping soundly.

"Sighs.. ----------"

_________________________________________

"...So.. this was how my mother was like."

"Yes, Ari."

"Then ma.. How did you guys meet?"

"..."

Ma chuckles.

"Must I tell you this too?.. Alright."