|05| Deck of Cards

"No!!! I can't do this anymore!" Ginro shrieked, "This hard work is killing me!"

Beside him, Ukyo sweat dropped. He wasn't expecting this kind of reaction since he's quite used to the intense labor that awaits them, "When the seas are stormy, sure." He said in an attempt to calm Ginrou down but the fella is a little bit vocal about his concerns about this workplace.

"How many more weeks of this!?"

"Forty days."

"Seventy days."

Senku and Ryusui both said in unison, completely disagreeing with each other's decision.

"We've got trouble!" Suika said as she made her way to where Chrome and the others are. "It's Senku and Ryusui...."

"Did they got into a bad fight or something?!" Chrome asked.

Upon hearing the word fight, Taiju yelled, "What!?!" He then ran to where the two were and seperated them, "Fighting is no good!"

"Fighting?!" Ryusui asked. "Wrong, this is a discussion!"

"Dis?.... Did Senku dissed you?"

Senku, who have a dumbfounded look on his face replied, "You got it right, big oaf. We are fighting."

Taiju went up between them and said, "Fighting is no good."

"They learned quick, ooth-smay" Gen said after seeing the scene in front of him.

"Are you arguing over the route to America?" Ukyo asked, looking over the map which is on the table.

"Heh heh heh, good submariner. Right to the point."

"We shipped out from Tokyo." Ryusui said.

"And our goal is....."

"America right?" Taiju asked.

By this point [name] is practically awake from all the noise that they have created. Last night, she was the one who took over so that Ryusui could have some rest, and it seems that he have more than enough energy to spare if he can yell like that.

[name] arrive at where they are and leaned back on the door frame, watching them bicker back and forth. It was like watching those two kids who are the top of the class arguing what is right on the exam. But it doesn't amuse her to the slightest. In fact, this is getting annoying since she's seen this happened quite often than she would like.

"No! Rhumb line route! 70 days!" Ryusui exclaimed. "Great-circle sailing demands constant adjustment of bearing based current position. It's the toughest route you can chart and it'll be a huge burden on our sailor!"

"Nah. Great circle route. 40 days." Senku argued back. "As crappy as it is we got ol' professor GPS on this ship with science. By linking up with Ruri and everyone else in Japan, my way is ten billion percent possible."

"Eek.. our two leaders are duking it out, too scary!" Ginro commented.

"Calm down boys!" Gen said, trying to keep the situation in check.

Gen noticed her presence and stared at [name]. Finally gaining her attention, he pointed to the two who continued exchanging words of wisdom.

She walked up to the two, "Alright, stop this."

Senku and Ryusui turned to see [name] and was surprise that she is awake since she just slept at 11 am, and it's only afternoon. The white and green haired scientist noticed the dark circles under [name]'s eyes, indicating that she did not have enough sleep.

"I can hear you all the way from the other side of the ship." [name] said in a menacing tone, making the others stopped whatever they were doing, "Give me an explanation. Now."