Part 30

Part 30. Out of my league

*To be out of one's league. - is an idiom "to be too good" or to be too "expensive" for someone to have as a friend or partner. It's about a person who doesn't have a chance to befriend or date the other person because they are considered much more attractive, popular, smart or successful. This part's name "out of my league" means Jeongguk couldn't have Tae, why? You'll find out.

It's not known if Kim Yugyeom saw anything suspicious in the sauna, but he expressed his concern and asked if he is "fighting" with Doctor Kim

It's not known if Kim Yugyeom saw anything suspicious in the sauna, but he expressed his concern and asked if he is "fighting" with Doctor Kim. Sometimes among men if one guy puts his
face close to another guy that might mean a hostile attitude.

[FLASHBACK]

Although Jeongguk's parents didn't have high expectations to their son unlike Taehyung's parents, they were rather too busy, his father is in a military parade uniform (SK Marines uniform) that shows his engagement with service and his mother with...

Although Jeongguk's parents didn't have high expectations to their son unlike Taehyung's parents, they were rather too busy, his father is in a military parade uniform (SK Marines uniform) that shows his engagement with service and his mother with phone - hints at her business occupation. Jeongguk grew up as a shy, quiet child, having little attention received from parents. It did gave him more freedom and independence to decide for himself, yet there was the other side of it: the lack of attention made him feel lonely and unloved.

As a result he Jeongguk to improve himself in everything and set high goals to be number one in everything. The satisfaction of achievement and victory boosted his self-esteem. When he grew up he still felt detached from other people because of trust issues. At the critical moments he was very emotionally vulnerable, and this later led to the breakup of his relationships with Taehyung.

Just as with Tae's parents, Jeongguk's parents were not bad, they still loved their children but their parenting wasn't the best and right. I showed two types of family: the overprotective parents of Taehyung, and on the contrary the uninterested parents of Jeon. Not that they didn't give him attention at all, but it wasn't enough for a child who needed their love. Jeongguk's father shortly praises his skills and even predicted his military career as well as his mother has compared his painting to famous artworks. Little Kookie's surprised face shows how it was strange for him to see his parents giving him a little more attention than usually. Poor baby.