Lily

**** 3 years later****

"Jenna, get the coffee and sandwiches at table 4, Kenneth we have an order for pizza get to the kitchen"

" Lily, the phone's for you, your mom wants to talk to you it's urgent" Kenneth comes near me handling the phone, I was busy handling my cafe,
Yes, I opened a cafe in Boston a year ago .

After the pregnancy I needed to have something for me and my baby, mom separated from dad 2 years ago we live in Boston, I still hope that I neet atlas one day. My 2 year old daughter Emerson whom I call emmey resembles atlas in many ways.
My mother looks after her and I look after the restaurant.

"Hello mom, everything's fine?"

" Emmey has a little bit of fever, I am taking her to the doctor, would you join?"
"Sure, I would be there in 30 mins"
I hang up the phone, " Jenna would you please look after the cafe for 1 hour, I'd be back, I need to take emmey to the doctor".

Being a single parent it's difficult to manage everything.
I enter the doctors cabin where mom and Emerson are already sitting the doctor is a young guy, in his mid 20s probably, he sees me coming and again looks at mom.
" She would be fine, just get these medicines and avoid getting out, the climate is really horrible" this makes me little calm, she'd be fine, we got this.
" Hello doctor I am lily, Emerson's mom," he seems little surprised by this. Everyone gets a little shocked by the fact that a 19 year old is a mother too.
" Hello, please have a seat, miss lily..."

Emmey starts crying again and mom takes her outside, the doctor waves a good bye to her.

" Have I seen you before?"
" Might be, actually I own a cafe"
"Oh yeah yeah, I remember, the one near the gift shop, myself Ryle, nice meeting you"
" Is there anything serious about Emmey?, I am worried"
" No reason to worry she'd be fine in 2 days"
" Thank you"
" Can I ask you something? If you won't mind?" "Are you really the mother of Emerson?"

I expected this question.
" Yeah, well it's werid and a long story"
I force a smile and exit.