Chapter 6

•••

Jinni's POV

"You're fired, Ms. Zang" I let out sternly the moment she entered my office while panting heavily.

I can see she seems to try her best to catch up with the time, but I feel bad for her that she didn't make it on time here in my office.

"You're 30 minutes late"

She looks at me apologetically but I remained on my poker face.

"My whole ride is traffic that's why I came here la-"

"And what do you want me to do about it? You're late, not just late... But you also missed the meeting, that's it" I let out kinda annoyed this time.

"But-"

"I already have given you many chances. But every time I'm giving you a chance, you always messed up" I said to her and paused for a bit... I'm not mad, but I don't think I'm going to let it pass again for the last time.

"You spilled the coffee I asked for you on my clothes, and you told me because you're hands were trembling, I let it pass. But then, next time you submit the papers late to me, and because of that one of our clients backed out. You told me you forgot the papers in your home and then I still gave you a chance"

"But the next day, I asked you to fix my schedule because I'm not going to work on Wednesday but you put my vacant time on the day Thursday, a special day and because of that, the meetings I have with all of my clients was canceled, and I was so ashamed yet I still have given you a chance. What do you want me to do now? I'm not blaming it all on you Ms.Zang, but because you are my Secretary, you and I must click well with each other to manage the time perfectly... I'm sorry but this is the last chance I have given you, but you failed" I let out with a disappointed look on her at the end.

She bit her lower lip, closing her eyes and I'm sure knows that she knew to herself she messed up badly.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Choi... I appreciate the chances you have given me but I failed again in the end. I also appreciate the considerations you did for me but I guess this job isn't for me" she said and bowed.

"I'm going to give the resignation letter exactly this day... Thank you for the time that I manage to experience this kind of work. Thank you also for the advice you said to me, and for the things that I have learned from you, I would never forget them all"

"I don't want to fire you Ms.Zang, but I'm a perfectionist, I'm sure you already know that"

She slightly smiled at me, and I smiled back... I'm sure that was the first I smiled at her.

"I know, but hey... I didn't know you have a pretty smile, you're eyebrows are always knitted so I came to realize it just now" she let out with a small laugh.

Even though I'm strict, I manage to know her. We're friends, it's just that every time it's related to work, friendship isn't there anymore. Because work is work...

"Yeah, I hope to see you around... Let's hang out next time, not as your boss anymore, but as you're friend... what do you think?"

"I would love that... Sure, let's hang out next time, Jinni"

I laugh, "I'm not a bit used to you calling my name, Wonyoung"

"I know, anyway... Wish me luck to find a new job, okay? I'm just going to send you the letter, I will be going now"

"Yeah, but don't forget to introduce the girl who always picks you up after work, is she you're girlfriend?"

She winded her eyes as her face turns red, which causes me to laugh a little.