Valerie

*** WARNING: CONTENT OF RAPE AND ASSAULT IS DESCRIBED ***

Lunch was tense. Damien wasn't saying much. He picked at his food from the cafeteria, hardly touched. His jaw was tight, his stare wild with fire. Damien was on the hunt for blood, Andrew's specifically. Damien had found out about Ander and I's altercation in the hallway this morning and he had every right to be mad. I was shaking, terrified of the way Damien looked. I just hoped he wouldnt lash out on me.

Taking in a breath I swallowed hard. My nachos are untouched as well. It was too tense to eat. I tried talking to Damien but I wouldn't get very much of a response out of him. It was kind of hurtful, but I wasn't going to place the spotlight on me when this was his day. IT was important.

"Damien?" I whispered, his office quiet. Soft music was playing on a radio station Damien found, Jazz.

Damen exhaled slowly, rubbing his jaw with his hand before he turned to me. His eyes were glossy like he was going to cry, and it cracked my heart. Sighing, I stood. Taking my heels off, I padded over to his desk, glazing at the time: 1:59PM. Coming begins DAmines chair, my fingertips brushed against the back of his neck, his body getting tense under my touch.

"I know you're mad. I know you're furious." I started, I leaned on his desk next to him. The slit in my skirt showing off my thigh. His eyes danced down to my leg, his left hand reaching under my thigh, pulling me closer. My hands went to each side of his chair. My forehead against his.

"Look at me." I whispered to him, our noses brushed against each other tears stinging my eyes, my voice cracked when I spoke. "Damien, fucking look at me."

Damien shook his head, still not speaking. Grabbing both sides of his face I made him look at me. His eyes staring right back at me. A tear rolled down my cheek and I sighed, shoving myself into his arms, sitting on his lap. Our eyes never left each other, his arms immediately reaching wrapping around my waist, tight. My chest nearly in his face, his chin resting on my breast, our breathing heavy. Tears rolled down my cheeks. My hair creating a curtain around us, secluding my words.

"Damien Monotya," I shook my head slowly and kissed him hard, surely bruising my gums. Damiens hand collapsed the back of my neck, holding me in place, his other arm still around my waist. Crying softly into the kiss, I kept myself as close to him as I could.

"I know you're irate right now." I breathed into his lips, my hands still holding hs face. "But I'm here. Right here in front of you. I'm not anywhere else. I'm right here with you. I know you want to do unspeakable things to him, and you will get your chance. Just not today. Not this time. It is your time, your moment. Don't give him the satisfaction of winning today. He no longer has me. You do. If for what it's worth, you saved my life that night, Damien."

Damine leaned back into his chair, eyes growing wide.

"Valerie-"

"No, I mean that. You saved my life. If it wasn't for you actually being at the ball, and coming up to me. Who the hell knows what could have happened when I went home with him. I would have been stranded that night. But you," my hand stroked his cheek lightly, the stubble scratching my knuckles.

"You're my fucking knight in shining armor." I breathed, sniffling. "I thank the heavens for you every single day I wake up next to you. Somehow they sent you for a reason. And I see why. I'm so crazy in love with you, it hurts."

Exhaling a breath, Damien grabbed my hands kissing each knuckle tenderly, hsi eyes never leaving mine. Sniffling himself, he cleared his throat.

"I dont...I dont have anything to say. In a good way. You took my breath away, Val." Damiens lips twitched into a small smile.