Wolves and the Cullens Return

Bella had decided that Jacob being sick was some nefarious plot to keep them apart. Bella was acting like she was crushing on Jacob. Bella did not know that Jacob and I were dating yet. Frankly it was none of her business but I made sure Dad knew and he actually approved. he hates Edward with a passion but he also knows that Bella will go back to him when he comes back. Dad had gone to work already when Bella demanded that I come with her to Jacob's. Jacob had called and told me of having a fever and he sounded really bad. When I tried to check on him after that, Billy was always the one to answer the phone. I knew that Jacob was really sick and I was really worried but Billy has always been like an Uncle to me, so when I called him out on Jacob having a kissing disease and I didn't have it, Billy had begged me to trust him and to not come over yet. 

"Bella, if Jacob doesn't wish to talk right now then he doesn't have to. It isn't any of our business." I said as I laid on the couch reading my book 

"He is hiding something. What is he hiding?" Bella said looking for her keys which I had put in the glass bowl by the door

"He technically isn't hiding anything because his business is his business. He doesn't demand to know all your secrets." I said 

Bella kept muttering until she finally found her keys but then looked to see I was not budging. 

"Come on!" Bella demanded 

"I am not going to harass severely sick Jacob just so you can get your satisfaction besides there is a storm coming through." I said 

"That's why you need to come with me as my second pair of eyes." Bella said snatching the book out my hands 

I had a bad feeling about this. I knew something was wrong with Jacob but I didn't know what this feeling was about. At first I thought it was just the feeling of wanting to be there for him while he was sick but then the feeling seemed to fester with Bella constantly in her ear about him hiding something. I felt irritated but eventually got my coat and road in the rain with Bella to Jacob's house. When we pulled up I immediately stiffened. Jacob was no longer her Jacob. He was taller and buffer. His hair was cut. He looked sad and miserable. His smile was gone. I sat frozen in my seat as Bella got out and confronted Jacob. I couldn't process what I was seeing until I saw them. Sam, Paul, and Jared step out of the tree line. It was rumored that Sam was some kind of drug leader on the reservation with close connection to the council. He broke up with his fiancée, Leah, and started dating her cousin, Emily. Word was he proposed to her not even a month ago. I held Leah as she cried and I've hated him ever since. Sam then got his claws into first Jared, then Paul, and Embry. They all looked like muscle heads now but they also jump at Sam's beck and call. I ran out of the car as Bella dropped to her knees in the rain. I ran in front of Jacob and stopped him from going to Sam. Jacob stiffened but wouldn't look me in the eye. 

"You asked me to be your girlfriend and not even a call since then, huh. You sure know how to send mixed signals." I said before pulling my taser out of my pocket

Jacob looked wide eyed.

"I won't let you throw your life away, Jacob Black. I don't know how the hell Billy doesn't notice you running around with the town drug dealer but it stops today." I said 

"He is not a drug dealer." Jacob growled at me finally looking me in the eye and seemed to go into this like trance 

"Jacob? Jacob? Are you okay? Bella, help me get him in the truck." I said as I guided Jacob to turn

"Hey!" Sam called out as Bella and I got Jacob in the truck 

Sam was rushing forward from the tree line as the others followed laughing a bit.