005

• • •

David ReyesSugarhill, Harlem NY 📍January 7th 2023, 12:09am

David Reyes
Sugarhill, Harlem NY 📍
January 7th 2023, 12:09am

after everyone said happy birthday to jay, singing to him and shit. I decided to walk to the deli which was abt 5 minutes away if i walk but no one wanted to go with me. I was lowkey faded and a nice cold water was a need.

"whatever ill walk by myself." i said while getting rejected by ddot saying he doesnt want to walk. i turned the corner walking to the deli with my hands in the pockets of my hoodie because its mad bricked out here.

"david." i hear someone plainly say behind me. fuck are they sayin my goverment name foe?

i turned behind me, revealing desi. not wanting to walk to her so i turned around walking the same pasted as last time.

"chill with the gov." i said blankly

"nigga fuck u think i am. thinking imma let you ruin our 10 year friendship." des said beside me walking. "i mean yeah" i dryly replied.

"nigga fuck you acting all Hollywood foe? you acting mad weird ever since you started blowin up." desi said making me side eye her.

"nigga fuck u mean? im the same dd from a year ago." i said looking at the ground.

"nigga be so for real, maybe its because everytime i talk to you, youre somehow interacted with you fans, like ur on live or sum." des said coping the same thing i was going.

"man i dont know. you never know if you change or not." i said looking up at her.

"dd imma ask you a serious question" des said looking up at me causing us to make eye contact. "what?"

"who are you, when youre not preforming for everyone else?" des said not even knowing what she is saying.

"i dont know. i lost myself every since july. maybe that changed me. but im old dd when im not preforming for everyone else i guess." i said not knowing how to respond to that question.

"i lost myself in july too. everyone back there did too but they still put a smile on there face knowing notti wanted them to stay stong and not show everyone how much they are suffering because it would worry everyone else then how they worry about them selfs" des said still not knowing what she is saying.

"yeah but like youre still you. you havent changed. overprotective around everyone and shit." i said look back down.

"nigga because im still me, i ain blowin up like chu. why would i change myself for other people." des said looking up to walk into the deli.