VI

"Is it time?"
"Yes."
"Really"
"Yes!"
"I don't think he's ready...."
"We don't HAVE any extra time, Major Anderson!"
"Sir?"
"What?"
"You might want to see this..."
"Bugger. So, if we believe that annoying Nun, her squirt started a civilization, now this kid has, but all mine has done is beat up a kid?"
"Yes sir. Yessir. Yezzer."
"..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It had been almost a year since Wolf had joined what they now called the pack, and she thought she was integrating pretty well. They had gotten many gangs to join their pack. At least all of the smart ones. Sure, a few had needed help from their nifty homemade weapons, but other than that everything had been pretty peaceful.
That is, for living on the streets. They were hungry, and never safe, were always cold, but for hooligans they had it pretty good.
But there was one group left. They called themselves the Empire, for they believed that all of the park should bow to them. They were that A group full of boor headed, brawny, older boys who would love nothing better than to bash the brains of the pack.
You see, they had loved the way things used to have worked in the park. Being the biggest and the strongest, they had bullied all the younger kids into giving them the best food and such. But now that Wolf had come and changed everything, they were out for blood. Her and Daggers blood, for they were the ones who had brought this new idea to the park.
Wolf had not taken too much of the credit. She had actually told Dagger to say it was her own idea. But Dagger wasn't the smartest of leaders, so she sang Wolf's praise like a bird.
So it's was no wonder that after a few days, Fang had left the group. He obviously felt as if Wolf had taken his place, and she sort of had. Everyone thought he was long gone, but Wolf knew better. She had seen that gleam of revenge and bloodlust in his eyes when he left. He had joined the Empire. She was sure of it.
*************************************
Fang sat awkwardly on the ground. In his head he silently reminded himself why he was here. Revenge. That's why. Revenge for his humiliation. To think, he was replaced by a two year old! Suuurrrreeee she said she was four, bit he didn't believe that for a second. He wasn't an idiot.
He was going to kill Dagger for choosing that insufferable squirt over him, then make the said squirt die slowly, and painfully. Yes. He thought, a bubble of happiness rising in his chest. This would be wonderful.
He peeked around the camp, watching the Empire prepare for battle. Chuckling, he began to sharpen his stick-sword. The pack didn't stand a chance.