Chapter 3: Luck be a Lady

3rd PoV:

*A few days into the tournament*

As Irene awakes for the day, she immediately goes to her deck and reaches for a card. "Luck don't fail me now," she says, pulling out Fortune Fairy Swee. "My luck will be... Kinda bad, Uh oh" she groans, knowing that this could be a bad day as she tested, and yes, these cards can truly predict how her day can possibly turn out. "And I haven't even bumped into some of my favorites characters, Well with this luck I doubt that it's going to happen" sigh "Well I might as well try and have some fun before the finals after I finished getting the last Locator Card yesterday from a background character" she gets up and changes into her outfit before heading out with her duel disk as she's walking down the nearly empty street she felt off and that's something was going to happen near her, she glances around but than proceeds "I wonder if I could find the Hospital Serenity is at?" She mumbles as she reaches the end "Well didn't she have her surgery a few days ago?" She says but then immediately sees a car zoom past them a familiar car and as it passes all is hear is "Sorry~" as they fade off into the horizon "Well speak of the angel and she shall almost run you over with a car that has a blonde driver friend at the wheel" she rushes back home and gets on a motorbike she was able to get through the power of no money required for most things in a anime world and before she speeds back she says "If only we could play this children's card game on motorcycles" and than heads in the direction she saw the car drive past and before long she sees it parked somewhere near a dock "Oh it's that duel" she pulls her bike and parks to the side of the car and hops off.

She rushes off to find them and it doesn't take long "Wow they are very out in the open while trying to murder someone,"  she says but instead of going up to them and being spotted she rushes around and sneakily makes her way to the crane with the Rare Hunter on it and climbs it and makes her way to behind the hunter crouched down "bless you absurd anime reflexes and physique," she says mentally to herself "I should take him out at the most dramatic time so I can seem like a badass" she then just waits and listens until the part about how they decide how to save Tea and then she jumps up from behind the hunter and kicks him into the Ocean she can hear both Tea & Mai say "Who's that" while Seto just glares and Mokuba gasps "Irene," he says with a happy tone "Hey Mokuba, mind if I drop in," she says with a cheeky grin and then moves the crane and drops the crate on to the dock "Yugi" Irene shouts "Tea's safe focus on saving Joey" I see him glance at me and then turn back to the mind possessed Joey "Thank you, whoever you are" I hear him say, while I they continue their Duel I climb down from the crane and help Tea free "Thanks" she says gleefully "Let's get back to the others" they quickly make their way back to the others were Seto is the 1st to say anything "How is it you know my brother" he says suspicious as to the random girl who just appeared to help that seems to know his brother "Well I registered for the Tournament when Mokuba was running the registry at the time" she says nonchalantly and completely not fazed by the scary look Kaiba is giving her "So you must be Seto, Mokuba holds you in very high regards" she says glancing to his brother with a smile "Anyway may I ask what's happening?" She asks innocently like she doesn't already know.

Tea looked at her "Well this may sound weird but our friend is under the control of an evil man using a magic artifact named Marik" I just listened and nodded "Psh, Magic, you and your dweeb friends need to stop spewing on about that nonsense" she hears Seto say "Oh than Mr.Kaiba plz explain why else someone would be battling to kill their best friend if not being controlled" shes say from beside Tea which he looks and glares at her in response "Well if you can't give a valid reason than I wouldn't be boldly stating such rude contributions to a conversation you're not involved in" she says with a cold close-eyed smile while he just glares at her "Seto I love you but, your such an ass sometimes" she thinks to herself.

She ignores him and just waits for the Duel to end which it did soon after once they got on the dock and they all settled down she cleared her throat "Ahem, I think it's only right that I introduce myself, I am Irene Calabrese" she says and does a courtesy "Pleasure to me you" as she finishes she notices the Kaiba Brothers leaving and Mokuba waving goodbye, she waves back "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Yugi, Yugi Muto, these are my friends, Tea, Joey, & Joey's Sister Serenity" they then all go there own respective hellos "I'm Mai Valentine" the blonde says "Pleasure to meet you all" she says "Do you think it would be ok if I hung out with you all, I am bored and don't really have any friends" she rubs the back of her neck "Sure" Both Yugi & Tea say while Joey and Serenity are busy catching up "Great, thank you guys" she says with a warm smile "Well huns I gotta get going" Mai says "I have something I have to do" she rushes off and takes her car.

"Oh, is that a Duel Disk? Are you in the Tournament Irene?" Tea ask. "Yes, in fact,  I already have my 6 Locator Card's, and I'm ready for the finals," she giggles. "WHAT?!" They say in Unison with Joey joining as he heard what she said as well "Yep, got the 6th one Yesterday" "That's amazing Irene" Tea says "You must be an amazing duelist to already have them" she lets out an embarrassed chuckle "Thanks anyway do you guys have a way back to town now that your ride left" "..." they all stare at each other for a few seconds before they all collectively let out a groan "Well I could give 2 of you a ride on my bike than come back with the other 2" They all have anime sparkle eyes "Would you really" the 3 friends say in happy Unison while Serenity is just standing there looking grateful."Haha, no problem, who 1st though?" Yugi and Joey glance at each other "Take Tea and Serenity 1st" they both say "Alright this way ladies" she leads the 4 to her motorbike and presses a button then pops out a sidecar "Get in ladies" she says "Get in losers, we're going shopping" she says internally but starts up and drives to the front of a restaurant "stay here, I'll come back with the other 2 in a moment" they nod a few moments later she returns with the 2 boys "I'll be back in a moment alright?" She asks they just nod again she returns in minutes on foot "I decided to park my bike at home, I don't live too far from here, so, we could eat here if you're hungry?" She asks. "Uh, sure," Tea says. "Ok," follows Yugi."I'm starv'n" I hear Joey say, already heading inside with Serenity.

She giggles. "Huh, guess my luck wasn't as horrible as I thought."