chapter 3

I grinned like a madman when he uttered those words. My smile quickly faded when he asked,
"What did you dream about? What made you thrash like that? Hey isn't it out of the ordinary? Why are your clothes ripped?" I tried to interrupt him every time - distract him - but I couldn't that angelic voice just kept coming out of his mouth in the form of questions. "And.... why were you on the cliff? Why did you want it all to end? Those last two were slower, quieter, less panic was in his eyes but it had the opposite effect on me. My mind moved at a million miles a minute.
"I - I - I," I was pathetic, "it doesn't matter," I turned on my side so I could avoid his gaze. Dylan put his warm hand on my bony shoulder ; I winced.
"It matters to me," his low and quiet voice urging me to explain myself but I refused to cooperate. I had hoped that he had missed the hitch in my breath when his hand contacted my shoulder. Obviously not. The boy that I had fallen in love with after all of three hours, moved the fabric of my shirt off my flesh to examine the bruises there. He continued to move it down my arms and up my back, finding more and more damage.
"T-Thomas," fuck. I knew what he was going to say next, "Tommy, what happened? Who did this?" Bingo. The poor boy was barely audible. "Tommy."

Dylan's P.O.V
My eyes scanned over every scar, cut and bruise on Thomas's back. His spine was clearly visible, due to anorexia I believed. Unintentionally, I grazed my finger along every imperfection, hearing a hitch in Tommy's breath every time I did so. My mind was moving at a million miles a minute, the only word I could utter was, "What?" Thomas just kept on breathing quietly, trying not to panic me, I guess. Eventually, Tommy's breathing slowed and his soft whimpers signalled to me that he was in the land of sleep. But I knew that he was still not safe from his demons there.