Truth and Forgiveness

IT'S OUR 2ND monthsary and I prepared something to surprise her. But to my shock, I was the one surprised. I thought I was over it. But I guess I just thought. Because the moment I saw Steph running towards me holding duckling, that's now cleaned, I felt my blood boil. My vision blackened as if my rational thinking was instantly trashed.

My eyes were firmly focused at the bright yellow color of duckling's fake fur. It's old but still looks new, worth every penny from my piggy bank before.

"Iro! This is so cute! Can I keep it?"

"Why are you holding that?" I said in a cold voice, she was taken aback. "Who the fuck do you think you are? Huh?! Who gave you any fucking rights to touch Anie's stuffs?! Who are you to fucking touch our baby?!" I can't stop my mouth from bursting words I know I'll regret. I'm so pissed I don't care a bit. Hindi nya na nirespeto si Anie! Sasabihin ko naman sa kanya bukas pero nangunguna sya! Binababoy nya si Anie! Binababoy nya ang alaala naming dalawa!

"S-Sorry I-Iro." Her voice broke but I don't fucking care.

"Ganyan ka ba kaatat?" I smiled bitterly. "I already let you in our haven but you can't even be contented. Sino ka ba sa akala mo?" I know I'm too harsh but I really can't stop. This is about Anie. And no one can fucking belittle her memory, our memories, as long as I'm breathing.

I grabbed the stuff toy from her hand and went to the stock room. I gently placed it on its original position and tapped its head. "I won't let anyone harm you, baby. I can't let your mommy get mad at me." I look pathetic. I do and won't deny it. I just can't let her go. Not this soon.

"GOOD MORNING, I cooked breakfast and made your favorite coffee." She greeted me when I finally woke up. I don't even know where she slept but I'm sure it's not on my bed.

I ignored her attempt of conversation and ate silently. Even her coffee can't take the irritation off me.

"I-Iro" she jumped when slammed my palms on the table.

"You have no rights to call me that way." I said and continued eating.

"J-Jiro, sorry na please." I heard the pain on her voice but my mind is too clouded to care.

"Hindi mo alam kung anong magagawa ko sayo kung sakaling nasira mo ang stuff toy na yun." I said in an intimidating tone. Suddenly I felt like I went back to zero. I felt broken all over again. I felt painfully numb.

Days continued with that cycle. She apologizes and I kept shooing her away. Like a stray dog. I'm lost myself so can't afford to take care the likes of her.

Every night I'm in a bar, drowning myself with alcohol or hitting some whores. I go home near dawn and wakes up passed lunch. Days became weeks then a month came, our supposedly 3rd monthsary.

I heard her moan but I hushed her.

"Let's go to my place." I said absent mindedly.

"Sure."

She drove me to my place. The moment we got to the gate she immediately crashed her smoke smelling mouth on mine. I felt a little disgusted but the alcohol taken over me. I raised her legs and she immediately snaked it on my waist as I pressed myself on her to the gate. I cupped her butt to keep her in that position as she pulled my head for a desperate kiss.

We both moaned when I started moving my hips against her thong. Good, this whore is wearing easy access underwear.

One of my hands started to roam on the rough material of her glittered mini dress when the gate flew open.