[ 023 ] THE DARKEST HOURS

chapter twenty-three
act iii dark world

                                                                  A STAR WENT TO THE NORTHERN SKY, She would rather have drifted in the fragrant waterfall instead

A STAR WENT TO THE NORTHERN SKY, She would rather have drifted in the fragrant waterfall instead. On the waterfront, Odin, The eldest prince of Asgard stood on the first line by his father, his face was a storm, eyes burning with grief like lightning against a dark rainy sky.

After all, Asgardians, too, were prideful beings who like to put on a show to avoid looking weak. A queen belongs to her people, not herself, thousands of Asgardians stood around looking off into the distance.

The Asgardians watched as the boat sailed away, carrying the Frigga's body into the abyss and at Odin's signal, an archer sends a flaming arrow onto the boat, setting it alight.

The beautiful flowers around light up her beauty in the darkness, Lanterns against luminous heavenly bodies.

As her flaming boat carries on across the water, hundreds of burning arrows soar through the air, alighting on the boats of every other soldier and citizen killed by the invading dark elves.

With hundreds of boats burning behind her like candles, Frigga's vessel approaches the edge of Asgard's sea. The waters flow over the edge and into space. Y/n watched as the lights illuminated her eyes beautifully the way every glow was attached to someone's soul, no one hated Frigga.

Y/n glanced at Thor, the god of thunder had turned into a storm pouring into his own body. His fist clenched staring off into the ground. The small feeling of a harsh wind had fueled her warm body.

Y/n had said a quick prayer, begging for the courage of the warrior's child, and the house of Aphilon straight she made herself take a small step forward, everything was real enough for her to move in it.

Odin strikes his staff, Gungnir, upon the ground, and rather than drop over the edge, Frigga's funeral vessel continues to drift beyond the water, until her spirit itself rises from the boat and lifts into the cosmos like thousands of scattering stars.

The citizens of Asgard cradle orbs of light, which they now lift towards the sky and release. The orbs float up, each a tribute to a lost loved one.

In his cell across the land of Asgard, Loki's reading is interrupted by the arrival of a guard under Y/n's command. The guard passes him news of Frigga's death; with no other information about it involved.

Loki inclines his head; dismissing the guard.

Then he calmly places his book on the small round table before him, moves to the centre of the room and clenches his fists at his side, releasing a burst of telekinetic energy that sends his furniture flying.

It was silent in her bedroom, Aramound had been patched back up by the live nurses. She was of course mad about Aramounds stabbing but there were bigger things glowing in the universe than a small stab that he winded up surviving.