The Final Fight

~22~

"Vuta!" a hyena panted as she galloped towards the pacing king. "Word is, there's a bunch of rogues heading towards Pride Rock!"

Almost two days had elapsed since he last saw his bride. He knew that Keisha was probably with them, or they at least had information about her whereabouts.

"Is she with them?" he inquired.

"We're not too certain," the hyena responded. "But we know that there's a hyena with them."

"Cree..." he smirked with a devilish intent. "I knew she'd be crawling back. She knows what happened to my little bride, and I'll make sure she fesses up."

He turned his focus back onto the puzzled hyena.

"You and two others search the lands for these rogues," he demanded as he slipped towards the back of Pride Rock. "I have personal matters to take care of."

The subject complied and she dashed off. Vuta crept towards the area where Kiwa and Nala usually liked to lounge with the cubs. When Kiwa's eyes strayed from her grandsons to the mighty tyrant, she gasped in horror.

"Vuta!" she exclaimed. "What's wrong?!"

"Don't play dumb with me, you old bat!" he snarled. "Where's that daughter of yours?"

"I-I have no idea where she went off to!" Kiwa insisted. "She took off in the middle of the night."

"I have no time for games!" he roared impatiently. "Now tell me what you know or you'll die!"

"I'll never tell you where she is!"

"Then I'm afraid your punishment is...DEATH."

As he said that, two hyenas loomed from the dark shadowy ledges of Pride Rock, swatting Kiwa to the floor and finishing her while Vuta swatted away Nala, who made a futile attempt to defend her friend. The two both fell to the ground in an unconscious state, while Kijana, Ekon and Umi quivered in fear, inching towards the walls of the den, trying to get away from the lion that caused so much harm.

"Don't be shy, little one." Vuta chuckled with a toothy grin. "Daddy will take very good care of you."

He turned to the other two hyenas.

"Take the pups and follow me," he demanded, carrying his son by the nape of his neck. "They'll make the perfect ransom."

Meanwhile, by the borders, the scene between the lions and the hyenas was enough to divert the attention of the current patrollers.

"Nama, don't do this!" Gamba begged. "We can work it out."

"Out of my way!" she cackled. "I'm not going after you."

She fixed her eyes onto Keisha and her mouth curled into a ruthless grin.

"I've been wanting to do this for ages. You've changed Gamba, and I'm gonna get rid of you—whether he likes it or not." she laughed as she got into her position.

"Nama, you have no chance against us." Keisha insisted, growing weary and impatient. "We don't want to have to hurt you. Just stay on our side and nothing bad will happen."

"I'LL NEVER BE ON YOUR SIDE!" the hyena roared as she leapt for her target.

Kovu sprang into action, swiping the hyena away and taking matters into his own paws.

"I have her down!" he shouted. "Both of you head for Pride Rock, now!"

"Not so fast!" laughed an energized Obi as he latched onto Keisha's hind leg and bit hard.