-73-

Harley's POV: five years later...

"Daddy, Elsie is having trouble with her shoes."

I followed the little boy to his room that he shared with his sister and found the little girl struggling to tie her shoes.

"Let me tie them for you, Elsie, or else you and Jax will be late for school."

"No, I want to do it by myself, Harley." She pushed my hands away and I exhaled silently.

It'd been about eight months since I adopted Elsie and Jax. They were twins, Elsie being the oldest and Jax the youngest. They were adorable little kids with matching dark brown eyes and curly hair, but Elsie's hair was dark brown while Jax's was dirty blond. They were both cute with their olive skin and cute chubby, round faces.

It was quite easier to get along with Jax than with Elsie. She seemed more independent and didn't want to receive help from me. I knew deep down she had been doing her very best to take care of herself and her brother while being in foster care, which was why I had adopted them together. I didn't want them to be separated.

When I had adopted them, it was easy for Jax to warm up to me. Even within a few months he was already calling me 'daddy' or any other parental name. Elsie on the other hand still called me by my name, but I wasn't going to push her to call me anything else until she was ready.

Once Elsie finished tying her shoes, she grabbed her backpack and we walked out to the front of the house. I grabbed their lunchboxes and handed it to them, opening the door and helping them load up in their car seats.

Once I was in the driver's seat, I buckled up and started the drive to the nearby elementary school Elsie and Jax attended.

"Daddy," Jax called for me and I hummed, glancing back at him through the rear view mirror, "when are Papa and Dada coming home?"

"You'll see them after school, Jax. They're coming to pick you both up."

Jax cheered and I smiled to myself.

The rest of the drive was pretty quiet, and once I pulled into the line of cars in the parking lot, Jax and Elsie unbuckled themselves from the seat and grabbed their stuff. They moved closer to me and reached over the center console.

"Bye, guys. I'll see you guys after school."

"Bye, daddy." Jax kissed my cheek and hopped out the car, waiting for his older sister.

"Bye, Harley." She shyly pecked my cheek and pushed the door closed.

I lowered the window and waved to both of them as they walked away, making sure they were past the gates before slowly making my way out of the parking lot. The drive back home was quiet. I played some music and parked in the driveway once I reached the house.

I decided to do some cleaning before Angelo and Davin would get here, so I did that. I loaded up the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, swept the floor, and mopped as well. I ended up doing some laundry and as I was putting Elsie and Jax's clothes away in their room, I heard the front door open, then close.

"Harley?! We're home."

I checked the time and saw that it was already the afternoon. I quickly got up and found Angelo and Davin in the kitchen.

They both quickly made their way over to me and hugged me, placing kisses all over my face, head, and neck.

"We missed you, Harley." Davin continued to kiss my neck and I moaned.

"How was last night?" I asked either Angelo or Davin.

"Good. Just wish you were there." Angelo held onto me from behind and rested his head on my own.