Chapter 4: Marcus

Sorry I skipped the whole examination on how Kiara got into the military, I don't really know how that works, Anyways here is the 4th Chapter:

I stood next to Noah as the first woman in the army arrived. One after the other girls came oyut of the plane. We were all standing in formation and I notice Noah stare at the floor when the women began to pass by. No one really caught my eye but this one girl. All the other women tried to act and look tough but you could see the fear and regret in their eyes except for this one girl. She was different seemed to actually want to be here. They then sttod in a seperate formation. The womans captain stood next to ours and exchanged some words and the she begun to spoke. "Ladies and gentlemen, you are to treat these women with respect and they shall do the same. We are just here to defend our country, nothing more or less. Is this clear." 

"Yes mame!" The women shouted. This caused most of us to be confused. It seemed unreal. Women were actually fighting in the war, they have a cheif and everything. The women then got out of line and moved to their tents. I noticed the same girl who came here with pride and it seemed like James noticed her too. I walked up close enough to hear their conversation.

"Here's a good idea, you leave me alone and maybe you won't get beat up." She said causing a few heads to turn her way and a couple of men to laugh, including me.

"Baby, don't be that way." He states flirtatiously, but I already know she's here for buisness.

"I'm not here to get with men, I'm here because I want to be. Go find some other girl to hid on."James notice he looked like a fool infront of everyone.

"You know you want this." he states with pride.

"Sorry, I like men." She states smirking and walking away leaving everyone laughing. Damn. I really like this girl. Something about her threw me off. She was beautiful, her eyes were a beautiful brown, her hair was in a pony tail, which suited her. Her skin color was just right, she was average height,  and seemed perfect. She turned around  and stuck her middle finger up in the air to James. "By the way I don't deal with dushbags!" She shouted and all the girls seemed a little stunned she was talking to a guy like that. Finally someone who actually didn't take James crap, it kind of left him stunned.

This girl was different, she wasn't stuck up, snobby, must have been well brought up. She seemed to not like people who disrespected her and I could understand why. I saw it happen to my mom with my step dad. He took advantage of her, treated her like a slave or he would leave her. My mom and the hell she must be going through. 

"Can you believe she did that to me, who the hell does she think she is?" I rolled my eyes.

"About time." I said defending the mystery girl.

"You're defending a girl, aw Marcus has a crush." He started to laugh and everyone just look confused.

"First of all, I have someone back home, and at least I can get with a girl." A buch of ows escaped the crowd and James walked away humiliated. James was going to learn one way or another.

 "What did you see in her?" Noah asked. Noah knew I do not take action for someone unless it benefits me or something makes me do it. I could give him the cliche answer that there was something about her and I wanted to find out what it was, but that is not entirely true.

"She stood up for herself." I said with a smirk thinking of my mother. If only she would have had the guts to do so.

"A trait many girls lack." Noah said adding to my observation. "I still don't trust her, or any other girl here on camp grounds." I raised my eyebrows.

"Don't let your past blind you, stop looking back it won't do you any good. A girl from here ,ight just be the one to save your life." I saw Noah roll his eyes.