Bet

Matteo

She was so annoying, and the fact I looked just like her irritated me even more. I was referring to my twin sister Mattia. She was lying in my bed like it was hers being more annoying than usual.

"What are you doing?" I ask with a sigh.

"Can I not see my twin?" She asks innocently, but I already know she wants something.

"Don't try to play cute what do you want?"

"Fine," she sighs. " I need you to cover for me while I'm out tonight."

"Where are you going?"

"Don't worry about bout that."

"Oh, but I'm worried."

"Can you please just cover for me? You already know why." She sighs.

"Okay, but you better be home no later than 1."

"Yeah yeah, Okay dad." She smiles hugging me as a thank you.

Yeah yeah, my ass and I hope you know I had a girl in that bed last night." I smirk and she starts to gag.

"I'm going to wash myself in bleach now. See you later."

"See you later." I laugh.

Grabbing my keys and practice bag, I make my way through the mansion of a house I lived in, passing by the humongous family portrait hanging up on the wall.

My parents were one of the few that had old money inherited from our Italian heritage, and with their jobs, we're very well off, but that was never something I bragged about openly. All this seemed nice, but my parents weren't as perfect as the picture seemed.

My mom was an obsessive control freak mix that with being Italian and you'll have yourself a circus. my dad was never here, mainly because he was cheating on my mom. I figured it out when he kept coming home from work late, reeking of alcohol and perfume. My mom knew he was cheating but never said anything. I don't know why. He was a piece of trash and a terrible father.

I remember on my 12th birthday; he promised that I would spend my birthday without my twin and take me to a baseball game. I was obsessed with the sport when I was younger because one of the first gifts he gave me was a baseball.

But on the day of, he canceled on me and sent my nanny in his absence. I loved baseball, but on that day all I wanted to do was spend the game with my dad.

I learned not to expect anything from him and just take what he gives. I was grateful for the nice things I had but none of that could fill the void.

My drive to school was short and quiet, and once I got there, I was met in the hallway by a big group of boys from the wrestling team. None of them were my real friends. They were just around to use me for what I had.

Well, except for one his name was Jaden, the only person in this whole group that was my real friend, my best friend. With him, I could be myself. I didn't have to pretend to be like the rest of the boys we hung out with.

"Theo, you see that girl over there?" Jaden asks, tapping my shoulder.

"Which one?" I ask, confused.

"The one with the curly hair."

"Yeah, what about her?"

"She has my first period. I've been peeping her, but she had a boyfriend at one point. Luckily they broke up."

"You like that?" I ask in disbelief.

"She's perfect, just the right size with a fat ass. I love my curvy black women. You wouldn't understand all the girls you fuck are white with bones for an ass." He disses, and the group of boys starts to laugh.