Chapter 31: A Dangerous and Inescapable Mission

"This is not up for discussion." Serizawa told his students once again laying in beds in the infirmary.

"Eri's been kidnapped by the villains!" Kota shouted. He strained and laid himself back down against the restraints in his bed.

"Sensei, we can't stand by and watch our friend like this..." Katsuma butt in. Satsuki nodded in between their beds.

"I understand." Serizawa sighed. "But you are not licensed to help. Interfering is vigilantism, which is its own can of worms you don't want to get into."

"Sensei..." Katsuma repeated. "I don't think you understand us here." He looked to his classmates for reassurance with his words. Clenching his fists, he continued, "We cannot stand by and watch."

Serizawa pinched his brow. "This is extremely dangerous. The Purity Alliance reminds me of the League of Villains. And you know how dangerous they were. If you leave this room and go anywhere near them, you could die. And if you don't die, you could be expelled. The smallest consequence I can think UA would do is removal from the hero course. Each of you are good, strong young adults. But you are not ready for this. I am ordering you to remain here at UA until young Ms. Aizawa is found."

Satsuki, true to her character, was the first to bow her head in submission. She knew as much as her male counterparts how much Eri meant to them all, but was not strong in debate. Especially one which could not be won legally.

Kota and Katsuma both groaned silently and lowered their heads, mostly in thought.

"Mr. Aizawa and Deku will lead the mission where he and Uravity came from." Mr. Serizawa explained. "I know what this means for you, but stay out of it. I'll be on the campus if you need me. They asked me to stay behind and watch the students. Seems they have a reputation for meddling in hero business. Stay here. I won't be far."

Before their homeroom teacher could leave the room, their classmate Gomuhosu burst through the door. "Satsuki, Izumi, Shimano!" He exclaimed with his eyebrows uncharacteristically high on his face.

"Watch them for me." Serizawa patted his shoulder.

"My friends, I am so sorry I was not there to help..." He sighed. Silently, their teacher slipped out past the waiting room.

"It's alright, Yamirato." Katsuma said while rubbing his own neck.

"What else have I missed?" He asked.

"Mr. Serizawa just told us not to go after Aizawa." Satsuki explained.

"Mr. Aizawa is perfectly capable of handling himself in spite of his age and past injuries." Gomuhosu stated.

The three looked at each other for a second. "No not Mr. Aizawa, Eri." Katsuma corrected.

"Is that why you refer to her first name?" He asked.

"We're her friends. Where've you been?" Kota snapped from his bed.

Gomuhosu sighed. "I was on my way back to the class seats when the alarms went off. They evacuated us back to our dorms until the campus was declared safe not too long ago. I deduced you all would be here along with...Eri."

"She was here." Kota grumbled.

Satsuki sat back down beside Kota. "Even if you weren't so hurt... I don't think we could find Eri better than Deku."

Kota groaned and laid back. Satsuki wiped her eyes and laid down beside him on his bed. Katsuma glanced over to them and smiled for a moment.

"I hate to say it, but Asui is right, Izumi. You'll have to stay here." He said as he sat up.