Chapter 8: A Cafeteria and A Street

Katsuma found himself an empty table in the cafeteria and planted his tray down. Not long after, a student he recognized from his own class sat on the other side of the same table.

He looked up and met eyes with the teen boy who had grey skin, eyes, and hair. His whole physique reminded Katsuma of black and white cartoons from many generations ago. His grandma kept a few even though she herself did not grow up with them. And the boy's pupils were not even full circles, but more like black pies missing a couple pieces and formed "Pac-Man" shapes. Unlike his appearance, his face wasn't so friendly.

"I'm only sitting here because all the other tables are full." He said.

"Oh." Katsuma said. "Well, thanks anyway. It's nice to not sit alone."

"Oh I know you're not alone. That horned girl kept looking at you all throughout homeroom. She should be here any minute along with that water boy." The boy explained.

"Wow... You're very observant." Katsuma pointed out.

"Class is so boring to me that I simply have more to pay attention to. And don't think I have a study problem but quite the opposite. I'm a recommended. I didn't test in." He continued.

"Wow. I did not ask." Katsuma thought to himself. "Well, that is cool! My name is Katsuma Shimano." He held his hand across the table to the grey colored student.

"Gomuhosu Yamirato." He nodded respectfully and shook Katsuma's hand.

Katsuma looked down to find that Gomuhosu had on white gloves to match the rest of his appearance.

"So I tend to talk about myself a lot. What made you want to get into the hero program?" Gomuhosu asked as he began to finally eat the food in his bowl.

"Ah, well I-"

"WAIT!" Eri shouted and slammed her tray on the table beside the two of them. "Don't tell your story without me!"

And sure enough, behind her stood Kota, rolling his eyes and clutching his tray closely.

"Told ya." Gomuhosu raised his eyebrow.

"Oh. Um. Hi." Katsuma waved sheepishly.

Eri smiled and sat down, with Kota sitting silently next to her. "You were saying?" She beckoned.

"Oh, right. Well." Katsuma blushed. "It's kind of a long story."

Eri looked at him patiently waiting excitedly for his history.

Katsuma cleared his throat. "Years ago, Deku and his class at the time came to stay on Nabu Island around Christmas to practice hero work. My family is from Nabu Island but my dad was away on a business trip back on the mainland. One day these horrible villains invaded the island hoping to find my Quirk and steal it."

"Hold on. Someone else had the ability to steal Quirks besides the infamous All For One?" Kota butt in.

"Yes that is intriguing." Gomuhosu added.

"Well he was a Nomu....Sort of."

"He was a Nomu?" Kota asked.

"An independently functioning Nomu?" Gomuhosu also asked.

"Well not really. He was more like a terrorist that used the League of Villains to get more Quirks." Katsuma explained.

Only his explanations made the two think up more and more questions for him, rather than let him continue. This drove Eri to groan loudly.

"Will you two shut up and let him talk already? Geez! Not every detail is necessary!"

The two sighed and remained quiet.