Chapter 32: The Secret Mission

"Yamirato, Eri is our friend." Katsuma tried to explain to him. "We all feel we should have done more to save her."

Gomuhosu shook his head. "I understand. I like her. I don't want anything bad to happen to her, but we need to trust in the heroes to do it."

Kota slammed his fist on his mattress. "I will not sit here and watch, like some sick TV program!"

"We're not even able to watch anything..." Satsuki lowered her head.

"We are not yet heroes!" Gomuhosu raised his voice. "I put my faith in Deku before. I can do it again."

Satsuki sighed. "He's right... Deku himself is going after them. If anyone will bring Eri back, it's him."

Katsuma and Kota exchanged a frown. "We're not helpless little kids anymore. Deku isn't the only one capable." The former declared. "And besides, Eri wouldn't want to be treated like..." He stopped himself, remembering where he first heard about that little girl rescued by Lemillion, Aizawa, and Deku when they were still in high school from that horrible Yakuza.

Regardless of the importance of following rules as UA students, Katsuma was torn between his unyielding trust in his idol Deku, and honoring his good friend Eri.

"What do you think, Shimano?" Satsuki turned to him.

Gomuhosu shook his head in his field of vision as his two friends silently stood, having already given their takes on the matter.

"These Purity Alliance punks were able to kidnap Uravity and Eri. They know the heroes are coming so they've no doubt prepared for anything they can do... Even Deku can be beaten if there are hostages. His number one goal is to save everyone and so they'll definitely use that to their advantage even if they can't take him in a fight." He rambled.

"Geez I thought the shoes were the only thing about Deku we were copying." Kota rolled his eyes.

"So what are you saying?" Satsuki asked.

Katsuma said nothing. He stood up and walked out of the room, right past Gomuhosu.

"Shimano!" He spun around. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going back to my dorm. I can't wait in here."

Gomuhosu sighed in relief and nodded. "Thank you."

Kota shot to his feet and stomped after his classmate. Satsuki bowed in respect to their gray-colored schoolmate before joining them out in the hall.

"Shimano! You can't be serious." Kota hissed as he and Satsuki speed-walked beside him.

Katsuma kept on walking without giving a response.

"Just like that, you're gonna give up and go back to your dorm?" Kota prodded.

As he continued to walk down the hall, out of sight from the infirmary, he turned behind him to glance at his friends. "No. I'm going to get Eri back."

Their mouths dropped, then Kota's turned into a smile. "Ha! I knew it."

Katsuma shrugged. "We can't assist with the fight but they'll never suspect us to be there to rescue Eri."

Satsuki dashed ahead and grabbed their hands. She waited a moment, breathing heavily as her head hung down. "If we're doing this... We are not going to fight. I'm only coming to make sure all three of my friends make it home."

Kota's fingers laced with hers tenderly, while Katsuma gripped her hand with firm determination on his face.

"It's a deal." He proclaimed.