Chapter 2

2:29, Art Room

As the art teacher was explaining art history, the bell rang loudly, making me jump a bit in my seat.

"Oh! I must've lost track of time, have a good afternoon!" Mr. Roman exclaimed as everyone left the room. The hallways were crowded and loud, so it was hard to get anywhere, but I managed to make it to my locker. Once I got everything I needed, I went out of the large doors in the front, and into the parking lot, where I would be meeting Robin. I looked around, and spotted him talking to Levi, the boy with blonde curly hair who sat with us at lunch.

As I walked over to the boys, Levi looked my way and smiled at me. "Hey Miguel, hey Levi." I smiled. "Hey Noelle, I got some stuff to work on the project." Miguel spoke in a tired sounding voice.

"Good, ready to go?" I asked the boy, who was looking at me, his head tilted down slightly. "Yeah, let's go. Bye Levi." Miguel responded, and smiled at Levi as we began walking. I got my phone out of my pocket, and went on google maps, because I didn't know the route from school to my house yet. As I was entering my phones password, I got a call from my dad.

"Hello?"

"Yes dad, I'm fine. I'm walking home from school right now." 

"My partner in science is coming over to work on a project with me."

"His names Miguel."

"Okay, bye dad, love you." I said and hung up. Miguel stayed silent, and we walked in silence until we got to my house. I turned the doorknob and opened the door, seeing my dad watching tv on the couch.

"Hey dad, were going to go in my room to do some research." I said, walking up the stairs, Miguel following close behind me.

"Okay, love you!" He spoke. I opened my bedroom door, and set my backpack on my desk chair, Miguel setting his on the floor. I unzipped the front pocket and grabbed out my laptop, some pens, and some pencils.

"If we're going to work together for the next month or two, maybe we should spend some time getting to know each other. I could tell you more about the group too." Miguel suggested, sitting down on the floor. "Oh! Sure!" I smiled at the boy.

We spent a few hours doing some research, and getting to know each other, and I learned some more about the group. After a while, we both just sat on the floor and laughed about stupid stuff.

"Bro Mr. Johns is a pedo, I have him for math 4th hour." Miguel laughed, looking at the wall. "I know! Wait... I also have him 4th hour, how come I didn't see you?" I asked, sitting up and looking at him.

"I skipped with Levi, he hates social studies, and I hate math. We went to hang out at the bleachers by the baseball field." He replied, looking back at me. "Oh, this school has baseball? When are sign-ups?" I questioned.

"Probably in the next few weeks, why?" He spoke whilst standing up.

"I love baseball, I'm really good so I want to join it at this school." I replied, propping my hand on the bed to lift myself off of the floor. "Thats cool, but I'm kind of thirsty, you got anything to drink?" He asked, looking slightly down at me.

"Yeah, I got some original cokes in the fridge, you know, the glass bottles?" I said, walking out of my bedroom and down the hallway.

"Sure, why the glass kind though?" He asked me with a puzzled look on his face as we walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"I don't know, my dad likes them better, we have cherry or regular, which one?" I spoke, opening the fridge door and grabbing myself a cherry coke.

"Regular, cherry is nasty as fuck bro." He said, reaching over me and grabbing a regular coke. I gasped dramatically and put a hand on my heart. "How dare you, cherry coke is the best thing to ever fucking exist. And I WILL fist fight you if you say that ever again." I said, grabbing a bottle opener and opening the coke, passing it to Miguel once it opened.

"Okay, chill Noelle-" He laughed, opening his coke and taking a drink out of it. I sat on top of the countertop, and he leaned against the sink-counter, his elbows propped up on the edge. Another two hours passed, and the sun was beginning to set, making the sky a bunch of beautiful colors.

"Hey, I got to get home, I'll see you tomorrow though." He said as we walked upstairs to grab his stuff. "I'll walk you home if you want, I love being outside when the sun is setting, It's beautiful." I offered him, putting on a black Nike zip-up hoodie.

"Sure, I hate walking alone." He responded, taking my offer. "Okay, let's go before it gets too dark, and before my dad notices I'm gone." I giggled, putting on a black beanie.

Miguel nodded and we went downstairs, and out of the house.