chapter 2 | drain you

Third Person POV
"Thank you." Darryl smiles, giving money to the cashier working at the local supermarket. Darryl collects his soda can and bag of chips and walks out of the building. He sighs and checks his watch. "Oh god." He mutters. Its 3:02pm, he's supposed to be at home before 3.

Darryl then the idea of the yelling he would have to go through pops in his mind. He doesn't wanna think of that right now. His head hangs low as he walks back home.

~~~

The brunette unlocks the door and tip toes inside. Maybe if he's careful enough his parents wouldn't realise that he just arrived.

"Darryl Noveschosch." He hears a familiar voice call his name out. Darryl freezes in his tracks. 'Oh god. Oh fuck.' He rambles under his breath. "Yes mother?" He speaks out trying to sound polite.

"You're 10 minutes late. Was it drugs? Was it a new girlfriend? What in the world were you doing?"

"Nothing mother. The bus just got delayed."

"Then why didn't you call me? I've called you 7 times." Her tones starts to raise higher and more angrier.

"The phone was deep inside my bag. I must've not heard it."

"Oh really? What's that in your pocket." She points to the phone hanging out slightly of Darryl's jeans.

"I realised that i should've checked the time so i got my phone out." This wasn't a lie. "Do this again tomorrow and you'll be done." She lowers her tone, still sounding intimidating. Darryl gulps and nods and quickly rushes to go upstairs but before he could his mother calls his name once again. "Darryl. Let me see your bag. We'll be eating spaghetti for dinner tonight, your father is staying back for overtime."

Darryl nods and gives his mother the backpack and continues to walk upstairs. Darryl can't speak up about anything in this household, even if he tells his mother that he's sick of eating spaghetti every day for dinner in a polite matter, she'd still get angry. Darryl's father is hardly home, he always works himself to much, as soon as he gets home he turns on the television and sleeps in the rest chair. While Darryl's mother treats him like a he's her child; feeding him, doing his hair and dressing him up.

Darryl walks past a bookshelf with all sorts of dusty books in it that hasn't been touched in over 10 years.

When Darryl enters his room he shuts the door halfway, just to get a little bit of privacy. He sighs and walks to his single bed with blue mattresses, as he laid star-fished on the sheets, he looks around his room. Bunch of posters of rock music artists he liked pinned onto the walls, collections of manga and picture frames of cute animals were displayed around the area. His walls were dark blue and he had a white rug shaped into a star centred in the middle of the room.

He takes his iPod and Nokia out of pocket and grabs his iPod. He grabs his wired earphones in the other pocket and connected it to his iPod. He scrolls through it and finds a song he wants to listen to. Drain You - Nirvana

He closes his eyes and falls into a quick nap.