chapter 1 | doorknob

Third Person POV
Music was blasting through Darryl's earbuds, if you were even four feet away I bet you'd still be able to hear the almost inaudible music playing in the brunettes earphones that were plugged into his iPod.

Darryl pulls his knees up to his chest and huffs. Even at the age of 15 and in 10th grade, he still hasn't had experienced a best friend; Not since he entered Highschool, which was 4 years ago in 1998.

Everyone had saw him as a weird, introverted, quiet outcast - Darryl couldn't agree anymore. He absolutely hates every thing and every thing about him.

The brunette sits alone in the hallway during lunch, if the teachers saw him in here he would be kicked out and be forced to eat with everyone else. He buries his face in his knees as he feels his stomach grumble of hunger, god, he hasn't ate today.

Darryl unburies his face and scrambles to find some source of food for him to chew on and to reduce the stomachs annoying sounds it's making.

He finds a sandwich his mother packed him today. He has to eat it. Darryl's mother gets.. let's say, cranky, when she finds out her only child doesn't eat the food she makes for him. He doesn't like ham, but he eats it anyway, taking a slow and hesitant bite out of the sandwich.

The bell rings and everyone starts to flood the hallways. Darryl sits up and zips up his bag, walking to math class, elbows brushing against other peoples as he walks.

After going through the crowd of loud chattering, laughter and sweat — he finally made it to Mrs Helen's class room.

As he's about to open the door he feels his hand get covered my another strangers. "Oops. Sorry my bad haha." The stranger moves his hand away. Darryl looks and him and they meet eye contact. A new face he hasn't seen before, tan skin, black eyes and dark brown orbs.

"Uhh, it's okay." The brunette warmly smiles. The taller male lets Darryl go in first, before folllowing him inside.

Darryl sits in his usual spot, near the window at the front. The person Darryl has just met before sits all the way at the back.

Once Darryl gets settled in and the class is about to start, Darryl hears yelling at the back of the classroom.

Everyone turns their head, and the teacher starts to pay attention.

"Get out of my seat!" Chase spits.

"Okay! Okay chill out dude!" The same tan male covers his ears and picks up his stuff that has now been dropped onto the ground. "Fuck off new kid." Chase mumbles to himself.

"Chase office now. Leave Zak alone." Mrs Helen orders. Zak is now on the floor, crawling around to pick up his pencils.

The class then starts.

(first chapters short sorry.)