chapter 6 | motorcycle

Third Person POV
They both run away to a skatepark out of breath, Zak huffs and takes a seat on the concrete floor, before tapping the empty space next to him - signalling the brunette to come to sit next to him.

Darryl places himself down on the ground next to Zak with an 'Oomph' before pulling his knees up to his chest and hugging it.

It goes silent for a while, since it's still school hours no one is here skating.

"So... I guess we both don't have any friends." Zak laughs, before turning his head aside, try to hide. Darryl looks at him, why would he bring that up?

"Sorry, I'm just trying to think of something to talk about.."

Darryl grumbles, "It's fine. Its not like your wrong or anything." He responds, picking the dirt under his finger nails. Zak instantly feels bad, "Sorry. I'd didn't mean to make you upset."

The brunette doesn't respond. So Zak opens his mouth again. "Wouldn't it be so interesting to attend one of those parties? I mean, i've tried to act popular to get invited to one but it never works. I just wanna experience the real high-school life you know? I feel like i'm missing out."

Darryl nods slowly, unsure of what Zak is saying. If Darryl had to choose to either take 10 tests in one sitting or attend one of those parties and get drunk and have sex with random people he would choose to take the tests without a doubt.

"So you wanna have sex with random girls for the first time and get drunk? Just to have the worst hangover in the morning after?"

"First time?" Zak looks at Darryl.

"Wait... What?" He responds.

"Never mind. I don't like to talk about it much." Zak deafens, and Darryl understands do he doesn't say anything.

They both sat in silence after, taking in the sight. New York City wasn't anything special. Darryl inspects an ant, this was so awkward.

The brunettes hair rustled in the wind. Whilst Zak's hair was kept maintained still with a concerning amount of hair gel.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" The brown eyed male asks, he watches Darryl carefully. "To where exactly?" Darryl quirks and eyebrow.

Zak reached into the pocket of his leather jacket and digs for something, Darryl then heard the jingle sound of keys. "You have a car?! Aren't you 15?"

"I'm 16 actually, and nope, not a car - a motorcycle. I just got this baby recently." Zak smiles, before standing up. He reaches his hand out to help Darryl to stand up. "Thank you." He smiles, he stands up and his legs turn like jello.

"What's up?" Zak smiles, before giggling. He links onto Darryl's arm to help him keep his balance. "Nothing."

~~~

The two make their way to Zak's motorcycle, which is parked two blocks away from the school. "I only have one helmet." Zak speaks unsurely. Darryl gulps, isn't that so unsafe? 'What if i die?' He thinks.

"It's fine! People do it all the time."

Darryl then has to give in.

The black haired boy puts on his helmet and sits down on the motorcycle. Shuffling forward a bit to make space for Darryl to sit down. Darryl sits behind him, unsure of what to do next. "Wrap your hands around my waist." Zak instructs.

"Excuse me?" Darryl raises his eyebrows.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's just so you won't fall off." Zak laughs. Darryl, who is still unsure, he embarrassingly and slowly wraps his arms around the other ones waist.

His body is now way more closer to Zaks body. His chest is met in contact with Zak's back.

"Twist your head and make yourself comfortable." Zak speaks again. Darryl nods and turns his head until his ear is on Zak's back.

Zak smiles and starts his engine, before driving away.