chapter 3 | the pink slip

Third Person POV
Zak walks down the hallway, occasionally getting nudged and yelled at. Being at a new school was hard. It's his second day here and he still hasn't met any friends. It's passing period and he has less than a minute to get to his locker.

Before he knows it the bell starts to ring. He sighs, maybe he should just ditch science today.

Ditching school is the reason why Zak had been moved to a new school in NYC. Has he learnt his lesson yet? No. And he doesn't give a single fuck. The hallway starts to empty and only a few people were left.

He walks by the school office and starts to look at the bin in-front of it. He looks around him to see if anyone else is around, no one is.

He notices a pink slip of paper in the trash can.

The slip of paper can be used to skip school. Zak hums and digs his hand around until he finally meets contact with it. "Got it." He mutters under his breath, he pulls his hand out and he's holding the pink slip now. Its crumpled and has had a little bit of damage and stains to it but that's fine it'll work.

Suddenly the sound of someone walking down the hall way is behind Zak. He starts to panic as he tries to be discrete and look behind his back. It's a young male, probably in the same grade as him. He's carrying heavy books in his arms and has earphones plugged in, he curses under his breath as the books try to fall out of his grip.

Zak notices the band on his shirt, Pythonblood. "No fucking way." Zak laughs, the guy looks at-least he listens to Weezer, you know.. nerd stuff. "No way you like Pythonblood too?" Zak calls out loud, catching the brunette boys attention, taking out his earbuds. "Uhm.." He. speaks, "Yeah?"

"Name 3 songs."

"What?"

"Name 3 songs." Zak repeats crossing his arms.

"Are you testing me?" The emerald eyed brunette scoffs. "Yeah. Go." Zak's brown orbs watch the brunettes smallest moves carefully. "I don't have time. I'm already running late for History. And these books are a pain."

"Fake fan huh?"

That sentence pisses the brunette the absolute FUCK off.

"Oh really? I am not a new fan, i've been listening to them since i was the ripe age of 4 and i bet you don't even know what their first album is called!! You little.."

The brunette bites his lip.

"I'm a little what?" Zak laughs.

He huffs, "You little person."

"You're literally like an inch taller than me." Zak laughs.

"Hey! Aren't u supposed to be walking to class soon too?"

Zak laughs at takes out the pink clip, "I found it in the trash can." He uses his eyes to point to the bin near the office. "Wah-! Ew! Wait, your skipping school?"

"Yeah, You can come if u want." Zak shrugs. "U-Uhm! No i can't, plus i should be going nowwww...." The taller tries to walk away nervously.

"Can i at least know your name?" Zak calls out.

"Darryl. Darryl Novescosch." The brunette gives a warm but yet awkward smile before running away quickly.

Zak laughs and finds his way to the exit of the school.