Part 9 - The Next Ring Part 2

Hours passed. Or maybe less. They weren't completely sure anymore. But they heard a loud group of steps outside, metal clanging and all. Then a low, aggressive voice. "All of you, stay outside. I will search for Humans."

Past them, a brute silently walked. A MASSIVE brute, bigger than anything the Team had ever seen. White hair, light gray skin, and a unique looking Hammer. Jason shifted, raising his shotgun. And looking back.... It probably is the motion that began the near end of humanity that day....

The brute perked up and swung his hammer around the doorframe, landing a harsh hit on Jason as he was thrown backward a short ways, catching the side of the bridge as Floyd jumped on the brute, kicking his hammer from his hand. The brute reached up with both hands and THREW the Spartan, sending him flying out the doorway and outside with the rest of the covenant. Floyd tried to stand up, beginning to engage the covenant as he regained his balance. He stumbled to cover, firing upon the forces outside. Once they were clear, he turned his head and raised his weapon, not firing.

The brute stumbled outside, swinging his hammer randomly with Jamie on his back, beating him down. Allison and Jason followed shortly after with Jason not firing, and Allison firing her SMGs once or twice because she had an opening. Jason ran over to Floyd and tried to help him stand straight, as the throw still had him a little dazed. The brute finally managed to grip Jamie and throw her at Floyd and Jason, as it turned and immediately smashed Allison across the head.

The three Spartans watched in silence. Completely helpless. Because of their Spartan Time... They could see every injury from the impact. The helmet and torso flattened, her skull and head completely broken, brain collapsed and burst, and thrown backward.

The three opened fire with their rifles rather than Jason having his shotgun, which seemed to have been knocked away. The bullets barely did anything to the Brute's armor and natural strength, as it smashed the ground in front of them. Floyd was faster, rolling aside to Dodge it as A large gravity burst came from it, as the two were thrown from the bridge, and into the water, unconscious.

He raised his rifle but the brute Grabbed it, dropping its hammer and grabbing his throat. It stared him in the eye. Beginning to speak. "No demon could defeat me. Take into the afterlife My name, demon, and know the great journey will commence because of your failure. I am Tartarus, chieftain of the Brutes. And you, demon, Have failed." And he dropped Floyd into the water. As he fell, Floyd closed his eyes, accepting fate....

"Hey. Wake up."

Floyd was shaken awake by his Teammates. Looking at the two, he remembered what happened to Allison... Taking a moment to grieve. As the moment passed, he stood, taking in his surroundings as he turned his helmet lights on.

They were in a near pitch dark room, made of Metal. There seemed to be tree roots maybe protruding from the top, and orb-like things on the wall. Staring closer... He recognised all of these things. A second too late.

Jason quickly turned as something ran up behind him, as a Flood Combat form put its claw arm through Jason. He coughed out a bit of blood... Sputtering out and dying. Floyd raised his shotgun, flying into a blind panic fueled fury, beginning to slaughter every Flood Form in his general vicinity with Jamie following suite. They originally seemed to target Floyd, as if they knew who he was. But as she drew her rocket launcher and fired one Rocket, they immediately began swarming her. That many combat forms was too much for her BR or even her... And she was slowly overwhelmed, and killed....

Jen began talking to Floyd. "Floyd, standard procedure for Spartans and Flood is-"

"I KNOW. I'M WORKING ON IT!"

"Can I blow the suits...?"

Floyd blanked for a second, realizing his team was dead. Taken from him. That he was the last survivor of green team. He stared at the approaching swarm, sighing a bit. ".... Do it. And prepare mine too... If it comes to that... Its been Good Jen."

As he raised his shotgun, the two suits exploded in a massive inferno, shaking the facility.... And the Flood stopped. They stared at the S2. As a loud voice creeped into the room....

"We need not be adversaries, Demon.... Or is it Spartan? Different species call you different things."

He looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. He saw nothing. "I don't take kindly to a parasite killing my team." As he raised the shotgun to the horde, a tendril knocked it from his hands and restrained his entire body, as the voice continued.

"Then listen well, and do not resist. We need to talk...."

Floyd and Jen were helpless now. Unable to resist, as they were dragged away into the Darkness of a Grave that didn't belong to them... At least, not yet.....