The next step to securing her future

RPOV
"Mommy, will you please, pleeeeease marry Daddy," Giana begged from her father's knee. I couldn't believe the beautiful sight before me and found I was tearing up. And agreeing. I couldn't care Tasha had worn that ring, because it was rightfully mine- I could see that now.
"Yes," I accepted with a smile and fierce nod. "I love you, both of you. Yes."

Giana let Dimitri put the ring on my finger. The Belikova's and Paul Belikov (Dimitri's nephew) all 'aww'ed.
"Well..." shyly started Dimitri, whispering against my lips.
"Well what?" I teased breathlessly, guessing at what he was going to suggest.
He brushed his lips gently across to my ear to whisper in it. "We're all set up... if your practical side doesn't want to waste money or time..."
I giggled. "Why not use it? Get married right here and right now?"
"Would you please stop reading my mind!" he teased.
"I don't see why not... unless those wedding bands are engraved."
Dimitri pulled back and chuckled while shaking his head. "No, they aren't. Unless Tasha did something to them between the time I checked two hours ago and the time Christian checked half an hour ago."
"Oi! Belikov! The bands aren't tampered with if you're discussing what I think you are."

The crowd looked at us expectantly and laughed.
Then the priest spoke. "Are we having a wedding today?" he asked with slight concern and slight amusement.
I beamed and nodded. "Yes. We might as well."
"Yay!" squealed Giana. Dimitri chuckled, picked her up and led me up the aisle to the alter with the happiest expression I'd seen him wear in a long time. Granted, I hadn't seen him in four years.

I wasn't dressed as a bride and I was still processing being engaged, but I was dressed in an adult and red version of Giana's dress, one good enough to get married in though I reckon Dimitri would marry me in even if I was currently in pyjamas, and I was certain I wanted to be married to Dimitri. I wanted to know he'd never leave again, I wanted to be sure he'd now always be there for our daughter.

"No protests to Dimitri Belikov entering into marriage with Rosemarie Hathaway?" enquired the exhausted priest.

Lissa was still pissed but, watching Dimitri and I stand at the alter with Giana standing in front of us while facing the priest, she realised I also had a right to my happy ending and family. She didn't like it at all that this wedding was now mine and Dimitri's, not Tasha's, she despised me for making such a scene- like I was the only one who'd done dramatic stuff today. But, she did want stability for Giana and did want me happy. She just didn't like the way I'd 'gone about getting it'.

Before I knew it we were exchanging vows, promises of forever, and saying I do.