A chance at redemption

DPOV
I spent every possible waking hour tending to Roza as she progressed in her pregnancy with our second child. If I wasn't at work or helping Roza directly—when she chastised me for being overprotective—I was busy bonding with our first child. Slowly—very, very slowly—over the course of the pregnancy and birth of my second daughter, I earned respect and trust from Rose's parents, and love from Giana.

My world was my wife and my children, my tie to the Moroi world as weak as it ever had been after Georgia's birth. Georgia's birth awoke a longing and desire in Rose and myself more powerful than any elements the Moroi wielded. Something about Georgia was more fragile than Giana, and we were incredibly scared for her. When Georgia was three months old, we realised she was more human than Moroi; she would not survive in the life that would be thrust upon her. We explained that to Lissa, Janine, and Abe, and they accepted our decision to flee. Abe found us a house near my childhood home in Baia and it was ready for us within the month. We turned in our resignation notices and was in the welcoming arms of my mother once more a week and a half later.

I finally felt I had been granted redemption when I came home from my new job with the sense of being able to provide Rose with the security I knew she deserved from the moment it had met her; I felt worthy of her and our daughters.