Chapter 8

"What, Duke." Ember said when she got up to their house.

Duke was hiding behind a door. "Shelly."

Ember, already pretty annoyed, walked up to Shelly and started yelling at her. Then she flew back down to the dungeon.

"Thanks, Shelly." Duke said .

"No problem. Good luck." Shelly said, walking out of their room.

Duke looked out the window and saw Jynx running away from the dungeon. He flew out the window and met her on the ground.

"Ready?"

"She's going to try to kill me at this point, Duke, what do you think?"

Duke sighed, picked her up and flew off.

Ember, who was looking for Jynx, saw Duke fly off with her, and followed them.

When they got to the exit, Duke put Jynx down.

"Quickly." Duke whispered.

"Thanks." Jynx said.

"You're welco--" Duke started, when suddenly, a claw hit him.

"DUKE HOW DARE YOU! YOU BETRAYED ME!" Ember screamed. She scratched the claw deeper, digging in his skin.

"EMBER--" Duke tried to say, Ember soon stabbed Duke in the stomach with her claws. She repeatedly did that until Duke was too weak to walk, Ember knew she'd throw him in the dungeon for a more painful death.

Ember then grabbed Jynx,

"I SHOULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW, BUT IT WOULD BE A LOT MORE INTERESTING IF I WATCHED YOU DIE IN THE ARENA," Ember yelled, then flew off to her castle. With Jynx.

Jynx had been looking back in horror at Duke's limp weak body. She was still slightly disoriented when she was thrown in her cage.

"Mommy, can I please play with her?" Xander asked

"Leave me alone, Xander."

Xander sadly flew up to his room with tears.