Chapter 34 - Time Is Running Out

Day 23, 8:30 p.m.

4 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES TILL GETTING HOME

We are still installing more speakers and stereos but now we are much faster, as Simon is here. Who knew Simon is so good with plugging in stereo sets! Lin then test runs the songs on the stereos and holy guacamole, it sounds like a horribly messed up concert! It sounds like several rock bands screaming and yelling at each other and it is so LOUD that my ears want to explode. Even my internal organs are vibrating to the beat of the drums!

Amidst the noise, I suddenly feel the tingling again. I look up wearily at my friends and shout to them, "I'm feeling it again."

Adi looks at his watch and shouts back, frowning, "It's happening hourly."

We stop everything we are doing and run panickingly into one of the houses someone left unlocked. We head straight up to the bedroom upstairs and crowd at the window overlooking down the street. I can hear the buzzing now as the wall starts to form. We watch nervously as it turns fully solid, but still, it barely lasts a second. Once the wall vanishes, we drop to the floor in relief.

"Guys, we don't have much time left," I pant, cold sweat running down my temples.

"Let's finish up and go," Lin utters and ushers for us to get up from the floor. We quickly scramble to our feet to complete our task.