Chapter 37 - Is It The End?

It is hard for the police to believe what we are telling them. At first they suspect we ran away, but sneaked home after we got bored with our little adventure. So we made up a whole bunch of crazy stories to save our butts from getting kicked. However, they can't explain the videos filmed and how four kids who disappeared for twenty-three days manage to turn up inside a wardrobe. Plus, seeing how we actually gained weight, thanks to all the junk food and sugar we had, and our utterly clean and healthy condition, they just have to accept the crazy explanation of us having travelled to another dimension.

TWO DAYS LATER

So, the government steps in and quarantines the four of us and Kitty at a military hospital. They say it is to make sure that we are healthy; not crazy; and also not a danger to others. Maybe they think we might be radioactive or something. Mostly, we think they just want to lock us up until they figure out what happened or what to do with us. Apart from police officers, doctors and scientists, the only people allowed to see us are our parents. Heck, I don't even get to see Lexy!

Everyday, we have to do blood tests and x-rays and they even steal my pee and poop. Eww.... Then they go through the videos for a millionth time and ask us the same questions again and again. We are so sick and tired of the scientist we rather see the red-eyes than them!

A WEEK LATER

Our parents finally start losing patience and by the power of social media, the government finally releases us. However, the government says we need to cover-up the whole incident. So we officially became the miracle students who lost our way during a mini-adventure hike into the forest and somehow, managed to survive for twenty-three days. The thing is, none of us are hikers or scouts!