Chapter 2

Sarai POV:

Getting home was the best thing of the evening! I don't know who he thinks he is but I'm glad that was over with, that's the number one reason I don't ask for ride from cocky obnoxious men. Opening the door, I'm greeted by the fresh smell of my plug in the pastels of my living room with the modern décor just says come to mama. I can't wait to unwind. Soaking drenched, I quickly took off my wet clothes and placed them in the washer while I ran me a warm bath. I need some wine to unwind while I rest, cause what a day I've had. As I turned on some music sativa really does it for me setting the mood. Sitting in the bathtub while I lather my skin, feels so peaceful and comforting. I really deserve this little me time after all. *Phone rings* ughh who could it be? "Put up yuh hand if u nuh man mascot!" ah boy. "Heyyyy girllll, you finally back in tha place mon" oh meka how I missed my crazy tail friend. "Girl you couldn't believe the day I've had today, if I tell u, u dead" I said to her. Meka has been my friend since I moved to Kingston and even though were two different persons we bond like sisters. Meka has the most melanin skin that glows under any light, her smile is chiseled with perfect white teeth and the body of an African goddess. She is a communication major and works for a local radio station so yes, her personality is always on a hundred. "gyal you too lie, then a so u one salt!" we went on for two hours on the phone from my sandals leaving me stranded, to Mr. Have it all, we catch up on so much in the little time we were on the phone. "We should meet tomorrow, for brunch at that restaurant on red hills road, it's a really nice spot." She spoke. "Oh, okay sure I'll meet you there around 11." After putting on my favorite tv show, the Boondocks, I climbed up into bed and scroll through Tik Tok until it was 10:00pm. My eyes started to slowly close as the darkness of the night hovers me.

My eyes slowly open as the sun glares from the corners of the long purple curtains in my room. As the ray dances on my skin the small dust fragments join in for a carol in the air. They seem so happy, like a little girl I once was playing with toys and with innocence as green as the fields of Switzerland with juvenescence in the width of a beautiful smile. As I reflect on the simple things in life, as the alarm clock goes off, I let out a soft sigh as I stretch my way into a brand-new day. Checking my phone, I see I have a few notifications. Scrolling through I respond to my emails, and text messages. My grandmother sends me her early morning message and I respond by telling her I love her while sending my workmen reminders on what should be done on the fields. Whew! who knew being a farmer could be so daunting. Going to the rest room to wash up, I stare at myself in the mirror and realize how tired my eyes are, even after I just rested. I really need a day for myself, away from all the responsibilities of life. I mean, don't we all? As I make way to the kitchen to make my  breakfast, I turn on the radio to listen some music because I really need an easy day based on the day I have had. I haven't made breakfast in 2 months. My grandmother always made sure she would make me something to eat, because of how busy school and work will have me tangled up. As a medical student, the pressure is getting worssaaa!!! Sitting and enjoying some pancakes and eggs I get a call from my favorite person. "Meka wah gwaan u nah sleep you bed?" I said jokingly. "Girl, you know I had to call you to remind you that we have to meet up today I hope you didn't forget." How could I? you kept talking about it all night. "Of course, I remembered. I'll see you at 11 sharp maam." "Oh, and another thing, Jerome is coming, and he is bringing his friend with him. He is a good guy; you will like him. Pure vibes inna this trust me!" she said. Awe man, not this. I haven't dated in 2 years, and it's been one of the most peaceful times in my life. Not only that I have been avoiding the male species since then and yesterday gave me all the confidence I needed to avoid them period. "Girl imma see because you already know me, everything is mutual." I re-iterated to her because she likes to set me up on dates with her male friends. As we end the call, I hurried to find something to wear. I haven't dressed up in months. Looking in my closet to see what I can salvage, I found a nice mid-thigh corset  blush dress with sheer sleeves, with some nude pump heels and a silver bag. Hopping in the shower I made sure I took a nice cold bath because the sun will be very hot today. Slicking my hair back and applying my makeup. I can't believe how well I actually putted myself together not bad at all. Going into the garage I see my baby. My Honda accord nicely parked. The mechanic took forever to fix my radiator and dropped it back off with my landlord Mr. Willis, while I was down in country. Thank God, I don't have to smell nobody arm again fada! While I make my way down to the restaurant Meka sent, I remember how yesterday was full of pure excitement. I am just so happy to finally be in a better place than what it was. Pulling up into the restaurant I see how nice and elegant it is, as it sits on top of a hill surrounded by palm trees and various amounts of vehicle.