Chapter 9

"Your food is ready!" The waiter come over and said. Ouuu cause my belly really start to growl really bad. The food smells so amazing. Mhmm, just on time. "So Sarai, when you going back to country?" He asks, as he cuts into his steak. Come to think of it it's long over due, I haven't been back to the country in 2 months. I miss my grandmother and most of all, that annoying foul Percy. "You know, I need to go back soon as possible. I got so caught up with school here, that I have been working on things here in Kingston. My grandmother makes sure everything is straight. Everything else I work on from here." I said to him. "Okay,so what made such a beautiful girl like you go into farming?" "I got into it because of my father, he was a hard working man. And when he passed I decided to take over to carry him in my heart." My father was a very hard working man. I would follow him early in the morning to go to tend to the ground. As he throw the hoe over his back and into the crisp of the earth, the scent of nature smells so magnificent as the dirt churns beneath the plows. The egrets with there white long wings scan the soil for worms. Ah! How I miss those days. "Okay, what happened to your father? If you don't mind me asking." He said with his eyes lighted softly with curiosity. "Ah, my father fell ill. He got exposed to the harmful chemicals in farming and developed kidney disease that sadly took his life." The tears started to gather in my eyes, as the last memories of my father once more mirrored me. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I'm so sorry for your loss, once again." He said as he gently reached over to hold my hand in his, as his thumb caresses my hard labored hands. "It's okay, he's in a better place now." I said reassuring him, as the sniffles synchronizes every 2 seconds. "How about your family?" "Well, I just visited my mom the other day, and she have a lot fi seh. Seh she Wah meet me woman now." He chuckled. We both laugh and talk about our family. "Yo and the next thing me know, is a big stone dat inna me head back." We bursted out laughing as he tells me his wild child hood stories. "You ain't Jamaican if you never use leaf wipe u batty." We both started laughing. As I shared how my cousin had to when we were playing hide and seek in the country. "Mek sure u nah tell me you shit a bush eno empress." " No,No never."'I said.

This is what I want, laughter and happiness in this little moment. As the waiter come to present the bill, we talked about how amazing the food, and the good company of course. "You ready? I have somewhere I would like to take you before I bring you home" He said. "Yes,yes I am."
As we kept on driving the enticing smell of his cologne takes my mind to some places I never knew existed. A dark sexual tension arouse in me, as I think of the many ways I could have this man. But-bitch the basics. You don't even know his favorite color. What did alkaline seh. All me want right now is just some company; Hehe. He pull up to this beautiful house  looking down on Kingston St.Andrew. The smell of manish water soup, jerk chicken and festival filled the air with a rich enticing flavor, as the lights of the city blinks as the stars in the night skies. "You ready to go outside? This a me yard away from yard, so everybody out yah so govern." He said to me. "Yeah I'm ready." He open my door for me, reaching out to grab my hand. As we walk to the shop that was right beside the house, I see something that I have been craving; Ice-cream ! This man really knows how to cater to a girl belly. "Yo empress pick Wah flavor you want." So many choices. The lady behind the counter skin looks like dark chocolate with African shea butter that adds to the prepossessing power of the chants of the greats.

The power in the black skin,as the small wrinkles in her face caresses her bright breath-taking smile. "WAHM baby? Weh you want?" She asks me. "I would like a strawberry ice cream please, 2 scoops." "Alright baby, you so pretty! Xavier me boy you grandfather would a glad fi see you now." The lady said. "Yes mama me know." Oh shit- he never mentioned his grandmother to me before. He looks at me, and pulls me in for a hug. His hugs makes me feel so safe and secure. "Thank you ma'am." I said to her as I smile at her. "Call me Ma Joyce Mon." Xavier took me by my hand and led me out to the back. When we go to the back of the house it was a swing underneath an almond tree, over looking the city.