Powers from the Past - Maddi

Maddi's POV

Lunchtime. Some people say it's one of the best times of the day. Me. I hate it. Especially since the museum. Sometimes working in that cafe is a nightmare. Two of the boys leave a lot of the work for, Rhia, Shelby and me to do. I feel like I haven't introduced myself. Hi, my name is Madison but let me start from the beginning.

It all started 14 billion years ago. Okay, maybe that was a little too far. I was born 16 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were a very happy family. Just me, my Mom and my Dad but when I was just 2 years old my Mom passed away and that completely changed my Dad. He became an alcoholic it became so bad that when I was 4 years old the child protective services had to step in. That's how I met Rhia we were in a foster home together. We then refused to be separated. So we were sent to a group home together. We stayed in the group home and neither of us was adopted probably due to our loyalty to each other. That is until we met Shelby in the first grade and when her father found out we were still in a group home he decided to take us in as his own. The three of us grew up together and we have never been apart.

The three of us love archaeology. So when the chance to work at the museum came up we jumped at the opportunity. Although working in the cafe with a boss who hates us isn't exactly what we had hoped for.
I think if she could she would fire us for breathing. I don't care if she hates us and we hate her too. I hate how she talks about really important and exciting Diggs in front of my sisters knowing they have always wanted to go on a dig.

Then there is Koda and Chase. Chase is so annoying: he's constantly late, he flirts with every girl who walks in and he is rude and obnoxious. He doesn't even know my name after working with me and Miss Morgan lets him get away with it. If I was late I would get publicly shamed. But Koda is an absolute sweetheart. He's kind, and caring and even though he doesn't understand some things he tries hard to do his best.

Speak of the devil Chase is here. How wonderful, You should take note of sarcasm. Looks like they're going on a dig. Shelby and Rhia are going up to them, Here we go again. I better help them to the best of my abilities. We walk over to Chase as he is wheeling his wagon of tools for the dig. He gives us that smirk that I hate "Hey Sherry. Hey, Maggie. Hey, Rory got something for me." Well, it's still an improvement from the last time when he called me Layla which isn't even close to right "First of all our name's Shelby, Maddi and Rhia." Chase just laughs under his breath "Why don't we cut to the Chase and catch a movie late?" Ugh, could he be more annoying? Like seriously no girl would fall for that awful one-liner. "Did that line work on girls in New Zealand? Cause they would have to be crazy to even consider going out with you." I say as Rhia grabs her waist "Did you guys know you can feel when your ovaries shrink 'cause I didn't?"
Chase gives me a fake offended look as we walk down the corridor of hell. Sorry, I mean the museum. "Or you could let the three of us come along with you on a dig?" Chase turns gives us a sincere look and replies "Sorry but museum policy." I don't know why we don't get to go with them. I do, it's because Miss Morgan doesn't want people smarter than her. After all, she knows that the three of us are one million times smarter than she will ever be.

That's when I hear the she-devil herself "And no neither of you can come. Museum policy." I hate her. She's the worst person ever. She turns to me and says "Don't you three have tables to serve? I mean you are just waitresses." How the hell does she get away with talking to people like that? Shouldn't you be crushing souls? You are the devil incarnate. I turn to see Chase, Koda and Shelby laughing and Miss Morgan looking offended. "I said that out loud." She just rolls her eyes as she, Koda and Chase get in the car. Shelby turns and whispers "We're sneaking on to the dig. You wanna come." I chuckle of course they are. "No, but have fun." I walk away and see them climb into the back of the truck. That's not going to go over well.

8 hours later

It's been almost eight hours. I'm starting to get worried. I've heard nothing from either of them. What if they got crushed by the boxes? What if they got caught and got fired? What if they fell off the car? Okay that's it I'm going to look for them. I see Chase, Koda, Shelby and two other boys come in "Maddi, this is Tyler and Riley." I look at her and say "Shelby where's Rhea?" She looks up and says "She didn't come back here." I feel my eyes widen "No, I thought she was on the dig with you." Shelby looks at me and says "No, she lost her inhaler and went to look for it. She said she would come back here when she found it."
I facepalm and say "Well obviously she didn't find it. Anyways those woods are huge she's probably lost. Why did you let her go alone, Shelby? She's now lost in those woods because of you." I yell at her "What's going on here?" I hear Miss Morgan's strict tone. Chase speaks up and says "Apparently Rhea also snuck onto the dig and went off on her own to find an inhaler or something and is now missing." Miss Morgan. "Okay. I'm going to get maps out and flashlights. We'll divide and conquer. Don't worry girls we will find her."
I sigh in relief just hoping that we find her.

I'm sitting in the cafe getting maps of that forest sorted with Riley, Tyler and Miss Morgan when through the radio I hear "We've found her but she needs first aid right now." I look at Miss Morgan before she says "I need someone with a car to drive me to the co-ordinates." Tyler says "I can drive" before they both rush out to get to her. I sit and talk with Riley for a while until we hear "She's fine a little sleepy. We're on our way back. Should be around half an hour to forty-five minutes." I sigh in relief and Riley hugs me. She's safe.