First Swim of the Summer

After we got there I basically just chilled out in my room, still very happy about the fact I got it this year. I took all my clothes out of the luggage I had and put them in my closet.

I heard a knocking on my door frame then I saw Belly standing outside my room. "Hey, you gonna go for a swim on the beach?" She asked.
"Yeah, sure! I'm not really doing anything right now so let me just change real quick then we can leave" I said while smiling
"Ok!"

I looked through my clothes and thought I absolutely needed to pick out a good bikini for my first swim of the summer. I ended up choosing a very cute blue one with little flowers on it.

(This is what I'm using but feel free to imagine whatever you want!)

"Are you ready?" I heard as I went down the stairs
"Yup!" I answered
"Where are you guys going?" Asked Susannah.
"Just to the beach," belly said right before realizing she forgot something and going back upstairs. Me and Susannah started to talk.

"Well wow y/n, you have always been beautiful but this year you look just amazing!" She said
I smiled, feeling flattered and not knowing what to say but still happy nonetheless. I loved getting compliments from Susannah because she had this special way of saying it. She sounds so secure and sure about it that it could make you feel the same way anytime she compliments you.

"You look just like your mom when she was your age." She said. I'm not sure why, but I didn't smile at that one. It's not that I had a problem with my mom, it's just that I didn't have anything at all with her. Not a good relationship but not a bad one, not any at all really.

When my parents got divorced I wasn't that bummed out because at least I got to grow up with married parents right? But the thing is that after the divorce Belly went got close to mom and Steve got close to dad. They were both little teams but I didn't have anyone on my team. That was when we weren't at the beach house though. At the beach house, Susannah and Conrad were my teams in a way. Of course, I talk with my mom but it's not like how I talk with Susannah, she's more of a mother figure to me than my actual mom is.

"Ok back sorry!" I heard belly say while coming down the stairs which made me come back to earth after zoning out.

"Finally, let's go!" I said while excited.
"Be back before 8 so you guys have time to wash up for dinner!" Yelled my mom from inside
"Ok!" Me and Belly responded

We talked a bit on the walk there then when we were close enough we just dropped our towels for later and ran into the ocean.

I could not have been any happier

I could not have been any happier. I was finally in the place I had wanted to be at the whole year. We swam and splashed around a bit, it was so much fun. Not even the feeling of my eyes burning a bit because of the saltwater could ruin this moment.

About 1-2 hours later we walked back to the house but didn't go in the just sat outside in the chairs by the pool and started talking about what we wanted to do this summer but went quiet for a bit just taking it all in. Everything was perfect, the weather, the way you could slightly hear the waves from the ocean, the glistening water from the pool, everything.

I randomly broke the silence and said "I could not be any happier to be here again."

"Me neither," She said smiling "It's like everything has been waiting for us to get here. "Yeah," I said quietly.

"Hey, do you wanna go get some of the GOOD muffins tomorrow morning if you're not busy?" She asked me, I didn't even think about it. "Oh my god yes! But also why would I be busy? It's not like I don't wake up at 11-12 every day" I said while laughing and Belly joined me.

*716 words*