chapter 2: the day before the drama

Sadie's POV:

I was up early today and all I could think about was this interview of tomorrow and all of the other upcoming shows and events. My head just wouldn't stop filling itself with all this stress.

I laid around and decided to go over to Elle's room, because I thought that she might understand what I'm feeling right now and she could clearly make me think about something else.

I grabbed my jeans, a black oversized nike hoodie and a pair of white socks. Before I left the room I put on my black vans and walked over to her room.

As I walked over the thoughts started to fill my head; „what if she is still asleep?" „what if she doesn't want to see me?" „what if she does not want to hang out?".
Bullshit, we have been bestfriends for years now. Bestfriends. She is my bestfriend. I don't want to lose her, I couldn't even think of a life without her anymore. I still remember the day we met.

It was the casting for Stranger Things season 2. My mom brought me there and I was way to early for my audition, so, I sat down on a chair in front of the auditioning room and waited. I was so nervous, you couldn't even imagine. That was until I saw her.
She walked into the room. She had her brown hair put up in a bun and dark brown eyes. Elle was wearing a grey hoodie, a pair of dark pants and black converse. As I saw her approaching me I quickly looked away. I was kinda nervous to be honest, because I am really shy when it comes to making new friends. But she made me feel something else, something I haven't really felt until then.
She sat down next to me and started talking to me, which calmed me down. As it was my time to audition, I quickly asked her for her number, that way we could stay in contact. I slightly blushed as I walked away and I could swear I saw that she was blushing too, but maybe it was just my imagination.
Some time passed by and I got a call from the crew. I got the role for Maxine. I was so happy that I instantly wrote her about it. She was the first person I told about it and she was so happy for me. I was quite sad that she didn't hear until then if she got the part. Two days later she wrote me that we were about to be cast members in ST. I was so unbelievably happy that I got to spend time on set with her.

I walk to her room and I found myself knocking at her door.

I couldn't really understand what she was saying, but I heard her yelling angrily inside the room.

She opened the door and just stared at me. She didn't even say anything. After some time, I asked her if she's alright. She let me in, but she didn't seem alright tho.

She seemed quite off and I know her pretty damn well to know that something wasn't right.

„Are you alright, Elle?" I asked again.

„Why wouldn't I be?" Elle asked me back.

„You know... because of all of the interviews and that stuff. We know each other for quite some time now, and I know that you have been struggling and that you feel very much under pressure because of all of this stuff. So, I just wanted to check in on my bestfriend." I said smiling.

Bestfriend. There it is again. Elle is my bestfriend.

„Of course I feel the pressure, Sades. But what am I supposed to do. I have to keep going. Keep doing all that stuff. This is life." Elle responded.

I looked down a little. I love it when she calls me Sades. But I felt sorry for her. I know what she has been through and this kind of stress isn't really doing her any good.

I decided it would be for the best to spend this day together. Thinking about something else. So, I thought it would be a good idea to maybe go take a swim at the hotel indoor pool that was only open for the cast members of ST. After that we could possibly watch a movie together and order some food.

„You know what? We should do something today. Keep your mind distracted from all of this. There's a big interview coming up tomorrow, so, we gotta enjoy today at it's fullest." I said and took her hands in mine.

Her hands are so soft. Stop. She is your bestfriend. Even if you feel so good in her presence. This can not happen. I don't want to lose her as a friend.

„Get up, Elle. Don't be so stubborn." I said, shaking this thoughts off of my mind.

She eventually gave in and stood up, walking to her luggage and taking out a beige pair of pants and a black thight long sleeved shirt.

„Take your swimming dress with you. We are going to the pool first." I told her.

She raised her eyebrow as she looked at me, turned around and hesitated for a second. It looked like she was thinking. Then she took out her swimming dress and put on her black converse.

„We have to make a quick stop at my room. I need my swimming dress too." I told her as she followed me out of her room.

We walked over to my room and I went in to quickly to grab my stuff so we could go to the indoor pool.

words: 953