Chapter 1

Cale is sitting on the edge of the pool, watching Jung Soo swim while also deep in thought.

A day had passed since Cale's first job as Jung Soo's caretaker. And it was kinda easy... except getting drenched that is. All Cale needs to do is just watch over and feed Jung Soo some fishes, that's basically it!

...Yeah no.

It's not gonna be easy. Jung Soo is a life form. He needs the basic necessities a human needs as well. Such as, social interaction, social attention and social presence. Without them, he will starve.

Speaking of starve, Cale learnt that mermaids eat fish. That's basically it... although, he was curious if Jung Soo can ingest different types of fishes or even human food.

Splash!

The redhead glanced towards Jung Soo, the merman was happily swimming around the pool without a care in the world.

'...Maybe I should broaden his palate?'

...Cale suddenly felt like the need to give the merman in front of him a great experience in the land of humans. He doesn't know why, but he wanted to do it for Jung Soo all of a sudden.

Tap tap.

"Hm?"

The redhead felt someone gently tapping his knee, albeit pointy and sharp. He glanced towards the source and found Jung Soo, whose expression showed curiosity and concern at the same time.

Curios on what the red-haired human is thinking.

Concern on why the red-haired human is so deep in thought.

Seeing the merman's expression, Cale shook his head and assured Jung Soo.

"Oh uh... it's nothing, I was just thinking about something regarding you."

The merman tilted his head and was about to inquire more when a noise was heard.

Ding!

Jung Soo glanced around his surroundings in search of the noise, while Cale went through his pocket and took out his phone, he unlocked it and found that it was a random spam.

Cale clicked his tongue in annoyance and blocked it.

"Hm?"

Feeling someone's very intent stare, he looked up from his phone and saw Jung Soo with immense curiosity within his eyes. His gaze was focused on the square item Cale is holding.

"..."

Cale moved his hand, that is holding the phone, a bit to the left. Jung Soo's eyes followed. He then moved it to the right, the merman followed as well.

"..."

Cale then repeated his actions again, Jung Soo's eyes stayed onto the square item that the redhead is holding. The redhead felt amused.

"...Curious?"

The merman tore his gaze away from the square item and looked towards Cale. Jung Soo nodded vigorously towards the redhead. Cale then showed the merman his phone, he opened an app that features, video sharing (Youtube) and played a video about cute animals, he then gave it to Jung Soo, who carefully took it from the redhead.

Cale watched as the merman showed astonishment towards the item and the scene that is portraying before him. The redhead felt oddly proud and smug. Jung Soo then tilted his head and the item before him, he then flipped the square item and inspected it. The merman then flipped it back and continued watching the scene portayed before him.