Chapter 7

After Cale dealt with his feelings, bad thoughts and fear with Ellis' help. The redhead is able to be in the same room, maintain a normal coversation and eye contact with Jung Soo. Him being able to tell the merman to go and take a bath was a point for him!

Cale went up to his room to change into some comfortable clothes. He went back down to the living room to take care of the things that needs to be done. He brought the merman's bag of clothes upstairs to the guest room, where Jung Soo will stay temporarily, and placed them down outside the door frame for a moment, he then went in the room to clean it.

Meanwhile with the merman.

Jung Soo, as Cale told him to, took a bath, but with him being in his merfolk body. He felt like he should be in his original body everytime he takes a bath, so that he can fully relax, with familiarity, in the tub.

Being able to traverse on land with his newfound ability made him elated, add Cale to that experience, and he's on cloud nine. But at the same time, he wasn't really used to being on land all the time. The air felt dry, too dry. Jung Soo is used to being associated with humidity, water made him feel whole.

It's not really life threatening, he just needs some occasional water in his life, but he didn't want to trouble Cale just for that small thing.

Unknown to the merman, was that Cale is thinking of his wellbeing right now as he cleaned Jung Soo's, soon to be, room.

"...Is he gonna be okay without having water?"

The redhead muttered to himself. Jung Soo is, basically, a merman, it's obvious and self explanatory, he's worried that the merman might struggle on land without water by his side.

"Will he even survive in this city... survive here...?"

His concern grows. Ellis did say that the merfolks are now allowed to live on land... but it's quite worrying to wonder that what if the mermaids may not survive in the city, no, anywhere without water?

The redhead became troubled at the thought as he finished placing the last of Jung Soo's clothes into the closet. He then sat down onto the merman's bed in deep thought... until an idea made it's presence known. What if he built a home for Jung Soo near, or even close, to a body of water?

"...That's not a bad idea."

He had a ton of savings and money, mostly from his father's company, he can make that idea a reality! Plus, it would be better if the location is near the sea, that way Jung Soo can visit his family easily!

Cale smiled at his idea, he nodded to himself approvingly.

"Cale-ya?"

"Hm?"

The redhead snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Jung Soo's voice. He looked up and saw the merman peaking into his new room, freshly out of the bath, hair still dripping, and in his new clothes.

Cale stood up and spoke.

"Done taking a bath?"

Jung Soo nodded with a smile, he inspected the room Cale is in and asked.

"This room is?"

"It's yours."

"Eh?"

The merman stared at the redhead with wide eyes, Cale smiled.

"I told you that I'd prepare a guest room for you, but you slept in the couch, and I forgot about it yesterday, so... yeah."

Cale said helplessly. Jung Soo stared at the redhead for a brief moment before smiling, albeit a bit reluctantly. He wants to sleep and cuddle with Cale to his heart's content... but no, he doesn't want the redhead to be weirded out, just like last time.