Author's Note

This story takes place after the city of ashes and towards the beginning of city of glass.

Disclaimer: The mortal instruments series and all of the characters in it, belongs to the amazingly talented Cassandra Clare.

To refresh your memory:

At the beginning of City of Glass, Jace and the rest of the lightwood crew travels to Idris. Clary is supposed to leave with them, but they didn't get the memo (thanks to Jace). Clary is determined to visit Idris even if they left her behind, so she creates a portal herself. Luke follows her at the last minute, and they land themselves in Lake Lynn. Which is a lake that just so happens to be poisonous to all shadowhunters, including Clary. After pulling Clary from the lake, Luke illegally crosses into Idris, because Downworlders aren't allowed in unless there on Official business. Even then, he can't just drag a half-conscious shadowhunter through the main gate without raising suspicion. Luke seeks refuge and treatment for Clary at his sister Amatis's house. Clary wakes and finds herself in a spare bedroom the morning after their insane adventure. This is where my story will be picking up. I'm sorry if it's hard to follow just bare with me and I will answer any questions you leave in the comments.

ENJOY!!! : )