Chapter 1: Adopting Antonio and Kim

Oder of photos go Antonio, Kim, Platt, Voight, Al, Mouch and Maya.

POV: Antonio Dawson

Im 14-years-old, my name is Antonio Dawson and Im living on the streets. My family kicked me out when they found me making out with my best friend Alex Masons. Im Bi and my biological family hates me. I have a friend named Kim Burgess, she is 14, she is also bi and her family kicked her out too. We are both living on the streets, we are walking to our spot when we see someone get killed. Then the cops came and we ran, but they caught us.

Kids, we wont hurt you. We just want to know what you saw. said Voight, it is on his vest

Tony, tenemos que irnos, simplemente nos pondrían en otro hogar grupal.(Tony, we have to go, they would just put us in another group home.) said Kim

Te tengo Kimmy, te tengo. Sabes que no dejaré que nada nos pase.(I got you Kimmy, I got you. You know I wont let anything happen to us.) I said

You guys want some food? If you talk to us, we can give you food. asked this Olinsky guy

All we saw is that the guys shot the other ones. Now we have to go. I said

Tony, Im hunger. said Kim

Fine, but we get food first and you dont send us into a group home. I said

Deal. said Platt

Can we get our things first Tony? asked Kim

Sure, we will go with you two. said Voight

We went with the cops to get our things then went to get food. After talking to the three cops, Platt takes us to her house. Voight and Olinsky come to, and she has a nice house. While there we found out that she has a boyfriend named Munch. He is a firefighter and he is cool, also we found out that Voight had a wife but she died. He also has a son named Justin who is 2-years younger then Kim and I. He is okay, but Im worried that he would hate me.

POV: Kimberly Kim Burgess

One year later

Tony and I have been adopted by Hank Voight and Trudy Platt. Al is has become our Uncle and Maya a friend of Voights has become our Aunt. After school Justin, Tony and I get picked up by Munch and he takes us to Papa Voights house and we see two girls sitting at the table with Uncle Al, Aunt Maya, Momma Platt, and Papa Voight.

Papa Voight, who are these two? asked Tony

They are Erin and Hailey, we are taking them in, because their lives are just as bad as yours. Please be nice and you guys can show them to your room. Erin and Hailey, these guys are Antonio, Kimberly and Justin. Why dont you show them to their room, while the adults have to talk. said Momma Platt, as we walked up to the new girls and took them to their room.

So, Momma Platt didnt say this but I prefer Kim. I said

Okay, nice to meet you guys. Mr. Olinsky, said Mr. Voight had a son, which one of you is his son? asked Hailey as we got to their room.