Medkit

The night started to dawn over the inkoplolis plaza while beneath the ominous kettle sat two old friends. Admiring the stars that lay above them.
  Just kidding they were watching TV, specifically viewing the splatfest that was going on right now.
Mayo vs. Ketchup

  This was really how every Friday night ended up like. Usually Cuttlefish would sit with Octavio considering he felt a bit bad for isolating him in a snow globe. Then again he did tried to steal the Great Zap Fish multiple times.
  He looked over at his former Octarian collage, wondering what he was thinking.

  "Hey Octavio, mayo or ketchup?"
  Octavio looked at him in disgust or maybe that was his resting face.
"Ketchup, mayo is disgusting."
  "Well I'm more of a mayo guy"
  Octavio appeared repulsed, almost like he could taste the word in his mouth.
"I'm joking with you. I just wanted to see that look on your face" he replied with a smug look.

  Octavio rolled his eyes in response and crossed his tentacles. Then he closed his eyes because he didn't realize that he didn't blink for a while, his eyes burned a little.
Cuttlefish leaned to the right and tried to elbow the globe in an attempt to reassure the other he was joking, but had accidentally butt-dialed the remote in the process.
  It changed to a history channel that was airing the victory of war between inkings and octolings. It always aired this on the days of the Splatfest. Whoever ran this channel clearly had some jokes up their sleeve.

The channel had briefly showed images of the Octaraian soldiers and Octavio, who was in his humanoid form. His tentacles were cut to his shoulders and they curled at the ends. His expression didn't seem so harsh, he looked humoured if anything.

Octavio quietly laughed to himself, reminiscing his old days of his old self. He was a bit more of an quick tempered person back then than he is now. There were still times it had shown through. Maybe being old had calmed him down a bit.. or being imprisoned.
He let his eyes shut longer as he could only think of the memories, the good and the bad.

However, this was cut off rather abruptly as he could feel Cuttlefish tap against the glass that had become his enclosure.
"What?" Octavio had spat out rather coldly.

"Look at me." The old inkling inquired as he began tapping the glass more.
Octavio slowly looked over to see Cuttlefish's face pressed against the glass. His eyes glanced to the TV and back at the him, trying to get the other to know what he was talking about.
"No, Craig."
"Hey that's my government name!"

Octavio sighed.
"Besides it's been so long, I don't even know if I can do it anymore."

"At least try?"

  In truth he did know he could. It was that he felt weaker in his humanoid form. He could really do anything in his current form even make sick beats. So why would he change?

Craig had tried so hard to give a pleading look, but it just made him look depressing. Octavio could only pity this creature. He looked around and got closer to the glass.
"Fine, but only if you let me out."
"Promise not to kill me?"
"Maybe."

Craig got up from the couch and told the other he'll be right back. Octavio watched him wander off into the tiny shack. He had no intention of escaping, at least at the moment. He found that just sitting here was peaceful as itself.
He could hear rummaging from the old shack until it quieted. A lot of clattering and things falling. What did he have in there?
  Then it suddenly became eerily quite, too quiet.
  He saw a shadowy figure in the distance slowly emerge from the shack. He tried to get closer to the glass to see if that's who he thought it was. But it had quickly started to get closer and closer.

The loud footsteps made it apparent who it was and they were running at him with full force until-
CRASH

Cuttlefish had completely shattered Octavio's globe prison. He couldn't think of another way to get him out.
Octavio groaned as he lay there still in his Octoling form. Glass was scattered around everywhere, some pieces were stuck to him.
"Sorry about that.. that's usually how you get out, heh." Craig peered over the other while rubbing the back of his head.
  He tried to reach over to help up Octavio only to realize that he had no hands at the moment.

"Ugh, give me a second."
Octavio grumbled as he slowly but surely merged back into his human-like form. He raised his now hands up into his view. They were slightly covered in small pieces of glass.

He lifted his head slightly to see his old attire on. Luckily, it protected him from the shards that surrounded him. He looked a little to the left to see a med kit.
Is this really what he used to break it? He thought.

He looked above him to see Craig staring until he quickly looked away, flustered.

"Uhm, and I knew this would come in handy.."
Craig jokingly uttered while he reached for the now dented kit. Once he grabbed it he sat by Octavio and he tried to sit up without using their hands.
"Sorry." Craig spoke while searching for what he needed.
"It's alright, I've been through worse." Octavio said while pointing at the scars on his face.

"Right.. sorry about that too."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

I hope you enjoyed this lil short I wrote! My writing style has changed a bit since the last time I wrote this (this has been sitting in the drafts for at least more than 7 months).
But I thought why not publish this? I liked writing this and it's a little silly :D