Chapter 2: Mocking

As soon as the bell rang, Sakuno watched as Ryoma packed up his bag and flung it over his shoulder and leave the class. Osakada watched his unbelievable behavior too. Secretly Osakada was relieved that her friend had given up on the arrogant prince, but this was a little too irresponsible!

She vented her anger and much to her surprise, Sakuno didn't mind. As the granddaughter of the famous coach Ryuzaki sensei, she knew the passion each and every player had for tennis, and that would definitely include the very person Echizen Ryoma.

She quickly went out of the classroom asking Osakada to look after her egg for a moment for she went to find safety precautions for her new project.

After half an hour, Sakuno was SLOWLY making her way downstairs. Her slow attempts were discovered by three seniors. They were the regulars for Seishun Gakuen tennis club, and their names were Oishi, Kaidoh and none other than the world famous buchou of the tennis club. Tezuka Kunimitsu.

They had seen her inching step per step like a snail taking each step as if she would fall any moment, but that wasn't like her to mind herself falling over. Naturally, Oishi decided he should take a look at this poor little child.

"Ryuuzaki -san. Are you ok?"

Sakuno turned in surprise, like her old self, she had slipped. But a pair of warm hands caught her just in time before she could scream 'NO'. She looked up and saw the handsome buchou looking back at her, with no expression on his face. He was always expressionless, but his behavior would always tell them more about his character. Her face turned slightly pink in embarrassment.

"T...th...Thank you Tezuka sempai."

Tezuka was as curious as Oishi by her behavior, unlike Oishi who only had the pleasure of getting to know Ryuuzaki 2 years ago. He had acquainted himself with her 4 years ago and probably earlier. He was working with her grandmother who brings Ryuzaki Sakuno with her every time she was to meet with Tezuka for training.

He knew better than any here at the moment, that her face was scrunched into concentration and her actions were so robotic. Usually she would leap and run down the stairs despite her often tripping on the last step, giving herself another bruise and turning up a little battered up. He is used to it, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't still ask if she was ok.

"What is that?"

Tezuka pointed at the small little box that was the same size as a music box. Sakuno blushed as she explained that she has a new project to look after an egg and watch its progress for nearly half the year.

Kaidoh hissed in surprise, he knew he has never gone through such a project before. Thinking what would happen if it were him in that condition, he would have most likely asked the teacher to give him an F and be done with it.

Oishi looked surprised. Tezuka then understood her strange behavior, she was cautious not to fall and smash the poor egg. Tezuka took the box out of her hands, Sakuno looked flustered. Oishi watched as their buchou had gentlemanly taken it upon himself to help her.

"You worry you will drop this right?"

Sakuno nodded, but then she still reached out to grab it as she said

"Demo... Tezuka sempai..."

Tezuka did not heed her attempts to re-attain the box as he looked at her in a very expressionless face.

"We are heading the same way, no trouble."

Tezuka walked off with Sakuno trailing after the buchou clearly apologizing for such an inconvenience. Oishi noticed Tezuka did care deeply for Sakuno, he also knew that Tezuka knew her earlier than everyone else, because he was always discussing and training with the coach Ryuzaki.