Chapter 2

"5 miles to Pelican Town." yelled the bus driver. So close. I thought. I wonder if they'll like me? How should I introduce myself? What will my house look like? All these thoughts raced through my mind as we drove the last few miles. We then passed through a long, dark tunnel, and when we emerged I could see a tall woman with ginger hair at the bus stop. "Next stop,Calico Desert!" yelled the the bus driver. I grabbed my bags and hurried off the bus. The woman started to approach me. "Hey, you must be Sophia." I nodded. "I'm Robin, Mayor Lewis sent me to fetch you, and show you the way to your new home. He's there now. The farms 'bout 5 minutes west. Here I'll take you." Said the woman. "Oh ok, thanks!" I replied. She's so nice! I wonder if everyone here is this kind?   As we started down the path, I looked in amazement at all the trees. You don't see trees like this in Zuzu City. The contrast between here and Zuzu City was spectacular.  "Hey, I have a son your age. His name is Sebastian. You should stop by our house some time for dinner. I'm sure you two could become friends. We live up on the mountain northeast of here." Robin said. "Thank you. I might take you up on that offer." I replied. Robin's face lit up at my answer. 

As we grew closer and closer to the farm I started to see how run down the place was. I must have made a face, because I heard Robin giggling. "Don't worry there's some good soil under all that mess." Just as we arrived an old man walked out of the house. He must be lewis. I thought. "Ahh, the new farmer! Welcome, i'm Mayor Lewis of Pelican Town. You know, you've been the talk of the town these last few days. It's not often someone new moves in." Thank you sir. I'm so excited to be here!" I replied. "So, you're moving into your grandfather's old cottage. It's a good house... very 'rustic'." He added. "Rustic? that's one way to put it... 'crusty might be a bit more apt, though." Robin joked. "ROBIN! Don't listen to her Sophia. She's just trying to make you dissatisfied to that you buy one of her house upgrades." He assured. "Well I'm sure you're tired from your long trip. You should get some rest. Tomorrow you ought to explore the town a bit, and introduce yourself. The townspeople would appreciate that." Said the old man. He and Robin then left. 

As I walked inside I could see a fireplace in the upper right corner, a bed in the bottom right corner, a door (that I'm guessing led to a bathroom) on the right wall, a television on the floor in the top left corner, and a table in the middle of the room. No kitchen huh? Maybe there's a place I can eat in town. I wondered. I set my bags and suitcase down next to the tv, and ate one of the granola bars, I brought, for dinner. I changed into my pajamas and got into bed. I hadn't realized it earlier, but I was exhausted! I soon fell fast asleep.