NEVER wear black to band practice

At six am the next morning we were awoken y Kate's mom and the smell of muffins, chocolate chip muffins at that.

 "Yall have to be at band by seven so get dressed and eat!" Kate's mom yelled. 

 I groaned but got up and threw on some black skinny jeans and one of my black Led Zepplin shirts. I quickly ran to the kitchen to snag a few muffins before they were all gone.

 "So Kayla you excited to see Jessie again?" Kate asked with a smirk. I didn't give her the satisfaction of a response. I just flipped her the bird. Her response? A laugh and grabbing more muffins. When we finished eating, we grabbed our instruments and got in her moms van.

I was nervous the whole ride. The night I had with Jessie was fun, but was it a one time thing? I guess I'll find out soon.

It took maybe six minutes to reach the high school because Kate lives so close. Once we pulled up everyone was headed to the field. Kate and I said our goodbyes to her mom and caught up with the band. 

Everyone seemed to be lining up in lines by section and I took a spot closest to the back. The sun was already blazing hot and practice hasn't even begun. Did I make the right decision to wear black? 

All of the sudden we hear our drum major, Hannah, voice over the speakers. She led us through a series of stretches. Once most of them were over, the upperclassmen begun to shout 'rain dance' over and over. What the hell is a 'rain dance.'

Everyone around me did two jumping jacks then shouted 'inside outside outside inside' while smacking their feet. I sort of laughed to myself seeing everyone looking like a bunch of dumbasses, but joined in. Band members are dumbasses together!

We finished off the rain dance and broke into our sections. Our section leader Maci gave us our numbers and told us to stand still until she called our number. I was number fifteen so I just glanced around the field not paying attention. 

As I was scanning the field, my eyes connected with a particular pair of deep brown eyes. I knew exactly whose eyes they were. Those eyes belonged to the boy who I'd recently visited a park with. Jessie. 

He gave me one of the hottest smiles I'd seen in my life. He tore his eyes away and walked to his section leader. Apparently that episode took away my ability to hear because my ears were assaulted by the sound of Maci's voice screaming my number. I jogged over to an unhappy section leader. 

She began rolling her feet on the ground on and away from the yard lines on the field and counting. 

"Stand here," she ordered. 

I nod my head and as she walked away I caught a glimpse at the paper she was reading from. The paper was a mass of letters and numbers arranged into a shape. How in the actual hell is she reading the damn thing? My eyes were going cross eyed just glancing at it. 

We were all in our places for maybe a minute before she started to assign a new place. Maci called my number, I was ready this time, and I followed her. She left me right on the forty yard line. Someone's voice came out of no where right beside me causing me to jump slightly. 

"How's it going cupcake?" The voice said. 

I knew that voice anywhere. 

"Doing just fine Jessie," I replied. 

"I'm happy to hear that." He gave me another breathtaking smile. 

Before I knew it, I began to feel dizzy and my world was turning black. The last thing I saw was Jessie's lips moving and his arms coming towards me. 

______________________________________________________________

hahaha cliff hanger! lol im not gonna say much but the next chapter should be up in the next day or two! This chapter was written by Kaitlin btw i'll be writing the next chapter!