ep. 1

jonathan davis' pov

i watched him struggle up those huge packages on the stairs. one of the bags almost fell off as it slid off of his shoulder. as i saw no one followed his steps, so each bag must have contained his stuff. that's quite a lot for one person, especially for one man. when he reached the level where i lived, he carefully looked around. first he spotted me, then the door opposite my apartment, which led to an empty apartment. the situation was quite awkward, we just stared each other without words. it's strange that i still see new people here want to move in. at least that's what i assumed from the bags.
- can i help somehow? - i addressed him, since the poor man seemed pretty lost. it's about a guy my age, and i have to mention that it wasn't an ugly guy. moreover, he had a particularly beautiful face. his eyebrows characterized it well.
- i would really appreciate it. - he answered with a little relief, then left his bags in the middle of the corridor and walked over to me to shake hands.
- chino moreno. - he introduced himself with his uncommon name.
- jonathan davis - i shook his hand. he carefully looked at the door of the empty apartment, then fished out a key from his pocket.
- i'm looking for door 16, but i think i'm in the right place. 16.. - he whispered to himself as he placed the key in the lock - yep, this is it.
- moving in? want me to help with carrying the stuff in? as i see you have a hard time getting along with them. - i pointed to the suitcases and bags lying in the corridor.
- that would be a big help, thank you. - he said, then together we carried everything into the small shelter. those bags were super heavy, it was like i was carrying weights from gym. i was so happy when we finished.
- a thousand thanks - he gave me a barely perceptible smile, then lit a cigarette. he pulled out another thread from his box then handed it to me, which i accepted.
- the rent became way cheaper, since no one has lived here for years. it would've been a shame to miss it, even though it's small. - he looked around - the point is that it's big enough for me - i didn't know what to answer, so i just nodded. these apartments are probably the cheapest in the whole county, if you move here that's only because you're broke. after we exchanged a few more words i decided i better be going. i still had a lot of things to do at home. i headed for the exit but i turned back for the last time.
- if you need anything, just let me know. i live opposite, door 15. - i told him because it's only us two living in the whole corridor. i loved being alone but if this is the deal i'll going with it and try my best. he thanked my intention, then gave me another of his smiles after an awkward silence as i left him alone.