ᴬ ᶜᴼᴾ ᴬᴺᴰ ᴬ ᴹᴱᶜᴴᴬᴺᴵᶜ ᵂᴬᴸᴷ ᴵᴺᵀᴼ ᴬ ᴮᴬᴿ

。°。°。°。°。°

Anderson swings the rest of the scotch, only a few lonely drops. He waves the drink and Jimmy comes right on cue to fill up the glass. The bar is really serene, some places always have a regular drunk singing nonsense. Not Jimmy's, and he enjoys that silence most of the time.

On other occasions, Anderson reckons it is too quiet for the trouble going around inside his skull. Particularly today he can't stop thinking. About the cases, the androids... ridiculous things, completely laughable. Two weeks ago, if he had passed on a note saying in the near future he will be considering the possibility of androids falling in love, past Hank would think he's finally losing it.

He also replays the scene of Clarke Hattonroth jumping in the line of fire and reasoning with a suicidal android. She hasn't come by the station according to Captain Fowler. Connor can't provide any information either and it doesn't really like to be reminded about the engineer's radio silence.

Anderson has this distinct memory of catching a brisk movement on the corner of his eye followed by a shot. In instinct, he called her name like Hattonroth was part of his squad. Although if that were the case, he would have already dialed her number and reprimanded the shit out of her for that little stunt. He also remembers screaming the RK unit's name next to prevent it from going after her. That, that right there, messes with his head.

Anderson shouldn't care that the android risks itself to save a human life. And he doesn't. Really.

''Is this seat taken?''

The familiar voice surprises the lieutenant, he turns his entire torso just to stare at her. Anderson glances up and down, eyes furrow and mouth half-open but not really with any inclination to talk. He grunts in response.

Hattonroth seats next to him and she couldn't look more out of place. An expensive salon where they serve the bottle instead of glasses would be a better fit. Yes, those jazzy places where smoking inside and not acknowledging the employees is considered elegant.

''How are you?'' She says after a long moment of awkward silence.

''How am I? Are you... are you out of your goddamn mind?''

Clarke tilts her head like she wasn't a hostage four days back. Sometimes the lack of emotion in her features frights him.

''I honestly don't know where to start.''

''Don't then.''

''Hattonroth, don't get cute with me,'' he warns.

''What do you want me to say?''

''You were impulsive and disobedient. Didn't you hear me telling you to get down?''

''Honestly?'' Hattonroth's gaze dances in the air as if she's trying to recall anything. ''No. I was concentrated on the android with the gun and the life threatening situation in hands.''